Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the pros perform in their first Amateur bouts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did the pros perform in their first Amateur bouts?

I just had my first Amateur bout this weekend and saw a video of it. I won the fight but I have a lot to improve on. My performance wasn't anything amazing, and I think I have potential to develop my skills to a much higher degree. My questions are: Did the pros also look "amateurish" when they fought their first amateur fights? Could you tell they had potential but they need a lot of improvement to go through? Or did they look like they are the ones who are going to make it to the pros?

Originally posted by fr33 View Post
    I just had my first Amateur bout this weekend and saw a video of it. I won the fight but I have a lot to improve on. My performance wasn't anything amazing, and I think I have potential to develop my skills to a much higher degree. My questions are: Did the pros also look "amateurish" when they fought their first amateur fights? Could you tell they had potential but they need a lot of improvement to go through? Or did they look like they are the ones who are going to make it to the pros?
    does it matter?
    your mentality is in the wrong state O:
    do what u want. (easier said than done, i wish i could do what i wanted)
    goodluck, cheers

Comment

Better think that a lot (but not all ) successful pro have had from 50 to 300 amatuer fights in total. That what counts, or, it did count when amateur rules were closer to pro rules like was the case in 70-80 and beginning of 90's. This is why guys like Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Oscar DLH, Tyson really benefited from their amateur exerience.

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
        Better think that a lot (but not all ) successful pro have had from 50 to 300 amatuer fights in total. That what counts, or, it did count when amateur rules were closer to pro rules like was the case in 70-80 and beginning of 90's. This is why guys like Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Oscar DLH, Tyson really benefited from their amateur exerience.
        amateur is back to no-headgear and 10pt must i think?

Comment

Yes, you can see amateur fights at the world championships without headgear and with ten point must scoring. Olympics will be too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
            amateur is back to no-headgear and 10pt must i think?
            Thanks for replying. If I may ask, how is my mentality in the wrong state of mind?
            And what do you mean as in do what you want?

Comment

Thanks for replying. If I may ask, how is my mentality in the wrong state of mind?
              And what do you mean as in do what you want?
              i take it back.
              maybe i made the wrong assumption.
              but why do you care if they looked ok or not?
              just do your best .
              cheeeeeeeeers!

Comment

Working...
              X