Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Goldenboy holds the Sepmber 13th date and Floyd doesn't want to work with them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
    LMAO... Mayweather better wait until December to get his ass kicked by Cotto.
    They said that in 2012. Get outta here, Cotto would get scrubbed by Floyd just like last fight.

Comment

Something tells me Floyd will still get that date.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
        You are an....I can't even say it but it is negative word, trust me.

GB will give up the date...who are they going to put on in the MGM Grand that will pack the place?

After Aug 11th, they have nothing schedule on their docket.

If they had Canelo going in Sept then maybe but they don't have the superstar of that caliber ready to go by then...hell they don't even know who they have signed.

GB will break or Floyd will go another date...Showtime, MGM Grand and other parties involve will help them break..trust me.
        You basically co-signed my post

The ball is in GBP court and Floyd can't do anything unless he buys the date. GBP could just keep it just to spite Floyd and theres nothing he can do about it

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Something tells me Floyd will still get that date.
          Most likely, GBP has nothing for that date

Comment

Comment

Interesting. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Comment

If the Barclays Center makes the $ make sense (tax incentive ect) than it will be at Barclays.

Comment

Not really an issue. Floyd has fought without that date. Gbp doesn't have a lot of fights planned. Money talks ect.

Comment

Originally posted by rws25 View Post
                    If the Barclays Center makes the $ make sense (tax incentive ect) than it will be at Barclays.
                    No Xylocaine = no fight

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Not really an issue. Floyd has fought without that date. Gbp doesn't have a lot of fights planned. Money talks ect.
                      No, he hasn't. Floyd has been exclusively fighting on either Cinco de Mayo or the Mexican Independence Day holiday (which is what 9/13 is) for the better part of 5 years. Ever since his win against DLH he's fought exclusively on those two weekends, the only exception being the Hatton fight in December.

Floyd will go back to GBP for that date. I can't envision him fighting on a non-mexican holiday weekend. That's been his MO since his fight with DLH, so I don't see that changing anytime soon. If he does forego the September 13 date, his PPV buys will take another hit.

Comment

Working...
                      X