No announcement yet.

Vitali is so much better than Wlad it's ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
    Better jab and the same speed? Sorry, no. Wladimir is clearly superior in both categories. Reflexes I'd edge to Wlad as well.
    I agree 100% with this statment.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I think Vitali is the much more exciting of the two and better to the eye.

And a critique I have of Wlad is he is too tentative at times, way more than he should be.

He will have an opponent completely shut down and broken down to the extent where they have nothing left and are beaten to a pulp and if he opened up just a little more he would get them out with ease.

On the other hand, he has stopped most of his opponents But I mean things like Haye, he could have put a worse beating on him had he opened up a tad more. Same with Chambers.

But at the end of the day, it's in his nature. He has had to make that ajustment to protect his chin and in result has to take less risks than his brother. And that adjustment has made him the best HW of this era bar none IMO, including his Brother.

I think it's fair to say that Wlad is definitely the more technically sound brother. Textbook brilliance at times.

I'm not sure who would win in a fight because if Vitali were to catch Wlad he'd be in trouble. But I think that Wlad would definitely be the calmer, more patient of the two and would make much less mistakes than Vitali.
      Some great points made.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
        Better jab and the same speed? Sorry, no. Wladimir is clearly superior in both categories. Reflexes I'd edge to Wlad as well.

More power? Hard to say. He has naturally heavier hands it seems, but his inferior speed and crispness of technique also hurt him in that regard.

Better punch variety? Yes, though it's not like Wlad is incapable of throwing anything other than a jab right hand left hook. He just chooses not to.

Far better chin? Better obviously, but Wlad gets underrated here whilst Vitali generally gets overrated. It's more in their responses to punches where Vitali really outshines him.

It'd be intriguing to see a fight between the two as I can't see either man the clear winner. Both possess strengths and weaknesses which the other can exploit.
        I admit, I went overboard saying same reflexes and speed. I don't think there's that much a difference in there jab though. Vitali is rarely as tentative throwing his jab as Wlad is at the start of fights.

Punch variety comes really naturally to Vitali, whereas it seemingly doesn't for Wlad. Vitali will throw whatever punch fits the situation at any time, and usually does.

I think Vitali would have Wlad fighting far too cautious after a couple big right hands. There's no way Wlad keeps Vitali from landing those big shots.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I admit, I went overboard saying same reflexes and speed. I don't think there's that much a difference in there jab though. Vitali is rarely as tentative throwing his jab as Wlad is at the start of fights.

Punch variety comes really naturally to Vitali, whereas it seemingly doesn't for Wlad. Vitali will throw whatever punch fits the situation at any time, and usually does.

I think Vitali would have Wlad fighting far too cautious after a couple big right hands. There's no way Wlad keeps Vitali from landing those big shots.
          Vitali is too slow to land those rights on Wladimir. Plus, he'd actually be facing someone his size for once. Last time he did that his face got re-arranged because his defense is atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Vitali is too slow to land those rights on Wladimir. Plus, he'd actually be facing someone his size for once. Last time he did that his face got re-arranged because his defense is atrocious.
            Vitali is really fast for his size and his defence is good, Wladimir is faster and has better defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
              Vitali is really fast for his size and his defence is good, Wladimir is faster and has better defence.
              I don't know if he's really fast for his size...I guess. He strikes me as lumbering and slow these days. But yeah, I agree that Wlad is much faster and has much better defense.

Comment

Wlad has more skill, but Vitali is the far better fighter. He knows how to win. He throws better combinations & tries to hurt you.

Wlad is more content to jab & move & win on points while refusing to engage & take chances.Vitali will throw more, take more (because of his much better chin) & go for the stoppage. Wlad more skilled Vitali just the better fighter.

Comment

Wlad gets hit more against scrubs.

Lennox and Sanders are the only ones to tag Vitali.

Comment

I'd have no hesitation in calling Wlad's jab one of the top five HW jabs of all time. It's an astonishing jab, with incredible speed, power, snap, accuracy and versatility, and it more or less wins fights for Wlad on its own. Vitali has a good heavy jab and he uses it well, but it's nowhere near the same level, nor is it such an indelible part of his entire arsenal as Wlad's is. Gotta disagree about the tentativeness as well. Rewatch the Chambers and Haye fights. Wlad starts pumping out the jab from the very first round and takes the centre of the ring. Wlad's whole style is jittery looking and he feints and parries a lot, but he's usually asserted control of the fight by about the second round. That's not the sign of a tentative fighter.

Yes I agree. Vitali is the more fluid fighter and more willing to throw uppercuts and bodyshots and chain his punches which makes him a more dangerous fighter, even if he's a lesser puncher. Fighters get beaten the hell up when they fight Vitali whereas with Wlad it's usually a clean knockout. I doubt Wlad would have brutalised Adamek in the same fashion, but would most likely have knocked him down at some point.

I was rewatching the Thompson fight the other day, and Wlad had more than his fair share of problems (relatively speaking) than he usually does. He was forced to fight in a more traditional upright way and had to throw a wider variety of punches than he's accustomed to. Also had problems clinching Thompson up due to the height. Based on that fight I'd give Vitali the edge. Then again, Vitali has been vulnerable to fast jabs. Kevin Johnson was jabbing him at will when he bothered to throw, and even Sosnowski was getting through at times. Gomez caused him problems also. There's no way Vitali can fight hands down and not expect to eat Wlad's jab. How will it affect him to have to keep his hands higher than he normally does? This Wlad, I think, would be too sharp for him.

Comment

I think Wladimir would handle Vitali in a fight between them.

Wladimir looked worse against Haye because Haye is a MUCH better fighter than Adamek.

Comment

Working...
                      X