No announcement yet.

Official Manny Pacquiao- Shane Mosley and undercards discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R.M {7} View Post
    Just woken up, the Pac fight better be now next. This fight is average (Arce fight)
    Originally posted by The Changeling View Post
    Average?

Wow. You're either dumb or you don't like boxing.
    Oh, my mistake, I apologize.

Arce ended up stinking the joint out after all, while Pac-Mosley was a barnburner.

**sNiCkEr**

Comment

• Originally posted by shawn12 View Post
      I use to be a sparing partner.. -SNIP-
      That much is clear. You obviously have been getting knocked senseless to not know Shane has been put down before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
        which is why i have been saying why floyd-pac would probably be a snooze fest.

but its still the fight to be made. as naseem said, if it was up to the experts, then why do the fight? just ask the experts who will win so it can save us all the trouble
        I agree. With a 3round build up going into that fight it could never be as exciting as we expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Changeling View Post
          The Road Warrior beats up Pavlik, IMO.

Froch and Bute (the latter of whom I hate) both devastate Pavlik.

Dirrell outboxes him, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him do so while fighting scared. What Championship caliber anybody sees in Direll, I do not know. Yes, he has physical attributes, fast hands and quick feet, but those mean much less at the top level when you have a vag where your dick should swing. Dirrell is so, so lacking in intangibles that it negates his natural talent to a significant degree.

Ward outclasses Pavlik every which way and very likely pounds him to a stoppage.

Pavlik hasn't found what he lost in the ring with Bernard Hopkins. I see him being only cannon-fodder for the top quality fighters at 168, and beatable even for some on the next level down.
          If Johnson is Johnson I agree I think he takes Pavlik, but he is getting old so who knows how long he is still that Johnson

I don't think Pavlik can deal with Dirrell at all, it is more possible than Ward because Dirrell will give him the space he needs but he out ranges Pavlik big time and with his movement I doubt Pavlik can find him while Dirrell would find him whenever he desires. You can dislike how Dirrell fights but he will be a pain for almost anyone to deal with.

Ward I would give him zero chance of beating.

Bute and Froch I would favor but I think those could be decent scraps and Pavlik could have a decent shot, he could possible take out Bute who is more skilled and Froch well that would be a fight.

Comment

• Dont get me wrong brother i want them to fight just as much as everyone else but i was just trying to use some logic on the people claiming shane ran from pac and thats why pac couldn't punch but forget mayweather is the best "runner" but can punch at the same time.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
              That much is clear. You obviously have been getting knocked senseless to not know Shane has been put down before.
              Put it Iam not a old man as you .I Stan corrected as far as I know mostley hasn't been put down . So who put down grand old mosley?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                If Johnson is Johnson I agree I think he takes Pavlik, but he is getting old so who knows how long he is still that Johnson

I don't think Pavlik can deal with Dirrell at all, it is more possible than Ward because Dirrell will give him the space he needs but he out ranges Pavlik big time and with his movement I doubt Pavlik can find him while Dirrell would find him whenever he desires. You can dislike how Dirrell fights but he will be a pain for almost anyone to deal with.

Ward I would give him zero chance of beating.

Bute and Froch I would favor but I think those could be decent scraps and Pavlik could have a decent shot, he could possible take out Bute who is more skilled and Froch well that would be a fight.
                I'm a fan of Ward for good reason; he's quality through and through. And he would just undress Pavlik.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dirrell beats Pavlik (though, least impressively out of the four); I'm just saying that it doesn't speak much to Dirrell's potential as a Championship force. I don't see Dirrell excelling in the top level of the sport like others seem to think he will. I don't dislike his style in principle, but in execution. He presents an awkward obstacle for sure, but that doesn't mean he's that good.

I know you're partial to the slicksters with the fast-twitch fibers. But Froch and Bute are both way too much for Pavlik and would crush him far more convincingly than Dirrell.

Bute looked like a pussy against Andrade a few years back and Froch has a proclivity to brawl, but Pavlik has been a shadow of himself for over two years and tonight he showed no signs of rediscovering his muse. I loathe Bute, but he spanks Pavlik and Froch would wreck him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  I hope this fight puts a nail in the coffin of the he will throw 1000+ punches against Mayweather, he through half that amount against Mayweather. People need to realise that your punch output will diminish when your opponent is moving around.

You have to be fair in your analysis, Manny who ussually threw around 1000+ punches in a match now only did just more that half of that 552 total punches with a backpedaling Mosley. But Mosley who threw 452 total punches with a much elusive Floyd jr., were only was able to throw 260 total punches against Manny... Yes Manny's punch output was cut down to half but he also made Mosley cut his punch output to half, and Mosley was more active with Floyd. But the stat that is more note worthy was Manny landing 31 combos to Mosley's 5, it just so happen that Mosley has an iron chin...

Comment

• I am not a big fan of either Pac or Floyd, and there are other fights I would like to see instead. However, if this highly anticipated(by everyone else) matchup did take place I dont see how Pac would even have a chance. Floyd has many options on how to approach this fight and can win in a number of different ways all while fighting on the backfoot. Shane has zero clue how to fight off his backfoot, Shane has zero clue how to properly fight a defense-first style, Shane also has no clue how to counterpunch. And yet all of that gave Pac alot of trouble tonight. It just so happens that those are Floyd's biggest strengths as a boxer. Pac would make it interesting because Floyd does lean on the ropes a bit too much at times and that will allow Pac to get off some flurries however the most likely result is Floyd winning a boring wide unanimous decision. Just my two cents

Comment

• Originally posted by The Changeling View Post
                      I'm a fan of Ward for good reason; he's quality through and through. And he would just undress Pavlik.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dirrell beats Pavlik (though, least impressively out of the four); I'm just saying that it doesn't speak much to Dirrell's potential as a Championship force. I don't see Dirrell excelling in the top level of the sport like others seem to think he will. I don't dislike his style in principle, but in execution. He presents an awkward obstacle for sure, but that doesn't mean he's that good.

I know you're partial to the slicksters with the fast-twitch fibers. But Froch and Bute are both way too much for Pavlik and would crush him far more convincingly than Dirrell.

Bute looked like a pussy against Andrade a few years back and Froch has a proclivity to brawl, but Pavlik has been a shadow of himself for over two years and tonight he showed no signs of rediscovering his muse. I loathe Bute, but he spanks Pavlik and Froch would wreck him.
                      It is pretty much just a matter of styles make fights, it is possible that Bute beats Pavlik badly but even in his last fight he gets to cute for his own good and against a guy like Pavlik that could potentially cost him although I would generally expect him to mug Pavlik aside from that chance.

Pavlik and Froch is a fight, Froch has been more impressive of late so you certainly have to favor him even heavily but in that sort of ordeal I think you have to give Pavlik a shot because that is how he wants it to play out even if the other guy turns out to be better at it.

Dirrell would just be a horrendous match-up for Pavlik, even if the other guys beat him worse I give him less of a shot of beating Dirrell than those other guys. Now I have been high on Dirrell for a long time and a lot of that has to do with the fact I think he is a difficult guy to defeat and match-up with, it may not always be pretty or all that fun to watch but effective is effective.

Comment

Working...
                      X