Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Video) Me Hitting A 200lb Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's obvious he's trying to work the power and endurance of his left hook. Traditional work on the heavy bag, with head and foot movement, is and important part of training but there's something to be said for the strength and endurance benefits for hitting a bag with the same punch over and over again. George Foreman trained like this a lot.

As long as this isn't the only kind of training you do on the heavybag, I don't see a problem with it.

Comment

why do u only use the left hook? I understand ur trying to study ur technique, but it seems kinda dumb to only study the left hook.

what about the jab cross, and combos? What r those looking like?

From watching the vid, it looks like ur left hand is kinda low most of the time. When u throw ur hook or double hook u dont bring it back to cover up from a possible counter.

Might wanna work on that if ur practicing technique.
      Last edited by Gio; 05-05-2006, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Thats a bad body shot to throw,u should work on hooks w/ the other hand.

Comment

hahah guys all of you. read his thread starting post. it says hes just tryin to get down his left and work on power. dont give him crap for only using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
            after seeing ppl post their own heavy bag vids, i thought i might add dis clip of me hitting my 200lb bag. And for those who think the bag is 2 small for a 200lb bag, it was only a 132lbs when i bought it but i added some sand to make it 200lbs. i didnt make this video for this site so im not acturally boxing around the bag, im just throwing left hooks to get them better.
            ENJOY.. By the way, im 17yrs old, 150lbs and 5ft 11"

your stance is all off - you are too squared up, video is not to clear but you don't hold your right hand near enough to your chin and you do NOT want to drop your left hook after you finish punching, put it back by your chin once you are done punching and end it with a jab or another left hook and step out of harms way, dont stay in front of the bag once you are done puncing and don't drop your hands

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity
              your stance is all off - you are too squared up, video is not to clear but you don't hold your right hand near enough to your chin and you do NOT want to drop your left hook after you finish punching, put it back by your chin once you are done punching and end it with a jab or another left hook and step out of harms way, dont stay in front of the bag once you are done puncing and don't drop your hands
              and i read the post, just to make it clear.....but with out correting your technique to throw a left hook with balance to punch again....then what you end up with is bad technique, so even if you are only practicing your left hook make sure you deliver it right and i said to jab or left hook and jump out of harms way cause again you want to be able to throw correctly and make sure you are not in harms way and ready to counter punch as quick and as effectivly as possable.

Comment

its good some ppl actually read my post, good constructive critisim, thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
                  its good some ppl actually read my post, good constructive critisim, thanx

now u see how i feel when i tell them something in a post and they go right over what i said. or your doing what they say u need to work on. by the way good left hooks. always good to hear the "thud" on the impact. tells u alittle about how good your power is and your's is good

Comment

i always thought the thud meant that you were landing it flush..atleast thats what my coach tells me...

Comment

Originally posted by LightsOut Le
                      i always thought the thud meant that you were landing it flush..atleast thats what my coach tells me...

i can push a punch and land it flush. u get what im sayin

Comment

Working...
                      X