Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Before GoldenBoy Sign Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Before GoldenBoy Sign Andre Ward?

I think Andre Ward should not change his promotor, Even though he might be getting slightly less I believe the Gossen brothers know that Andre Ward is the "Golden Goose" and will be careful with him. I am not saying that Andre Ward is protected or anything, Just that his current promotion setup will be very careful and not reckless, Goossen Tutor are not the biggest promotors and Andre Ward can help them compete with the larger players like GBP/Top Rank/Don King.

I know for sure GBP especially will be trying very, very hard to get Andre Ward if and when he becomes a free agent. I think Ward should just stay put for the time being, Boxers tend to start loosing when they change trainers/promotors/conditioners etc.

I always thought he would be a big target for TMT, to me he is the obvious guy to go after because they need to replace Floyd long term and while they have signed quality guys none of them have the ability to be the main guy like Floyd.

You could question Ward's ability to do that also but to me he has the best shot of at least getting close.

So he obviously makes sense to GBP for the same reason as they need to replace Floyd also.

Comment

He has to join with a major promoter to get the big fights he wants.

Comment

Bob has the Chavez Jr. PPV....it's goign to be Top rank for Mr. HBO

Comment

It's pretty abundant that the wants Chavez Jr. It'll be Top Rank that he'll sign to.

Comment

Who is Ward going to fight if he moves to GBP? Shumenov?

Comment

Top Rank will land Ward.

Comment

I think he'll sign with Top Rank too in the end, though I think going with someone like Lou DiBella could be really smart since he can put fights on both HBO & Showtime. Though Arum has shown he can work with anyone in the HBO stable that isn't Top Rank, so fights with Chavez, Jr. & a 2nd fight with Froch are easily possible.

Comment

How does his commentating gig with HBO factor in? I'm guessing that HBO has already promised him a nice, comfy analyst job when he's done fighting. And he's already publicly stated that he's planning his exit strategy from fighting. Maybe not real soon but at some point.

Comment

He's got a chance to be the face of HBO so he'll stay. HBO are giving more opportunities since lose GBP fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X