Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards? Haye needs a fight before Klitschko? But Pavlik Doesn't before Joe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
    One thing I don't understand is why Haye isn't fighting Klitschko already? They are both champs for the WBO, and once Haye vacates for for the HW he should become the his manditory. I mean that little ***** named Guzman got his manditory in Campbell when moving up.
    You don't see the difference between moving up 5 pounds and the huge jump between CW and HW? Plus Guzman has been a champ for over 6 years. Haye won his first title less than a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      You don't see the difference between moving up 5 pounds and the huge jump between CW and HW? Plus Guzman has been a champ for over 6 years. Haye won his first title less than a year ago.
      There is no difference. If you are going to apply a rule to someone, make sure it applies to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
        There is no difference. If you are going to apply a rule to someone, make sure it applies to everyone.
        Haye hasn't even earned a title shot at a lesser title holder like Peter or Valuev, nevermind Wlad. David said he would fight two top 10 HWs first and was fine with it (Holyfield fought 6 ranked HWs before his title shot.) Seems to me he knows that glass will catch up to him before he earns his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
          Are you DiegoFuego's alt? Your posts are just as ******ed as his.
          Yeah because it's not like the threadstarter hasn't been spamming the forum with bull**** about how America sucks and Joe Calzaghe is God. It's getting old. Just like your bull**** white power act. Shut the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
            haye is moving up in a division where people are upwards of 50 pounds heavier than him

joe is like seven pounds heavier than kelly.

that said, i think if kelly is going to beat joe it will be soon, i dont think the weight is the problem, i think its kelly facing elite opposition. wins over hopkins and maybe kessler would put him right in with joe, but thing is, we don't know when joe will retire. so pavlik needs to hop on that match ASAP.
            That's not a bad shout. Most people point out he'd probably have a better shot as time goes on as Calzaghe's slipping, but how much better can Pavlik get? Hopkins will certainly make him think like he never has before which would do him well in a fight with Joe. Incidentally, there is a slight point that everyone says Haye needs a couple of HW fights to face the top guy in the division above, and Pavlik doesn't.

Haye unified at CW, has fought an official HW fight already in devasting winning form. He's also fought above the CW so basically HW, a few time times aside from that. Pavliks not unified at MW, has not official to my knowledge fought at SMW, and has just a couple of fights above the MW, so catch weights basically.

In some ways Dawson has a more legitimate case for a fight with Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
              OK Let's See:

Pavlik:
              Miranda
              Taylor
              Taylor
              Lockett (another Brit trained by Calzaghe Sr.)
              Hopkins (next)

Haye:
              Other than Mormeck, is there another name on his resume???
              Next? Wait, he doesn't have a Next...

I say bring out the HW King and give Haye a shot. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Case closed!
              Exactly

Pavlik has a very impressive resume....He deserves a shot at Calzaghe

Hypejob Haye has a weak resume....he partially unified the weakest division in boxing (cruiserweight) by beating weak title holders old, shot Mormeck and useless Welshman Macca.....He DOES NOT deserve a shot at Wlad.
              Last edited by WLAD OWNS; 09-23-2008, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thadrow View Post
                woah. Joe doesnt have more power than Pav. his speed consists of bullrushing you with slapping combinations where thats why he wins on slapping workrate. his stamina is good cause those slaps have nothing behing them. good chin? yeah but not a more complete fighter, sorry
                Joe Calzaghe is a massively more complete fighter than Kelly Pavlik. He beat Hopkins on workrate, but I assume you haven't seen the boxing lessons he handed to Kessler and Lacy?

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD OWNS View Post
                  Exactly

Pavlik has a very impressive resume....He deserves a shot at Calzaghe

Hypejob Haye has a weak resume....he partially unified the weakest division in boxing (cruiserweight) by beating weak title holders old, shot Mormeck and useless Welshman Macca.....He DOES NOT deserve a shot at Wlad.
                  Actually if you takre away the wins over Taylor, Pavlik has nothing on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
                    haye is moving up in a division where people are upwards of 50 pounds heavier than him

joe is like seven pounds heavier than kelly.

that said, i think if kelly is going to beat joe it will be soon, i dont think the weight is the problem, i think its kelly facing elite opposition. wins over hopkins and maybe kessler would put him right in with joe, but thing is, we don't know when joe will retire. so pavlik needs to hop on that match ASAP.
                    Great post--You can't compare some one moving up to the HW division.

Pac and JMM move up to lightweight and get immediate shots at the title.

This is why it was such a huge accomplishment for RJJ and James Toney to come from the MW division and take HW titles. Heavyweight boxers are usually just built for that division and any one moving up may not belong there.

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
                      Joe Calzaghe is a massively more complete fighter than Kelly Pavlik. He beat Hopkins on workrate, but I assume you haven't seen the boxing lessons he handed to Kessler and Lacy?
                      You say he beat Hopkins on work rate like that is some kind of accomplishment. That's probably the least decisive way to show off "a massively complete fighter."

At the end of the day: Lacy and Kessler.

Comment

Working...
                      X