No announcement yet.

Word on the tweet regarding Kell Brook's next fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word on the tweet regarding Kell Brook's next fight

Ruslan Provodnikov, Josesito Lopez or Chris Van Heerden are the three runners for the fight.

Which one would you most like to see?
    Surely, either of these three are better than Shane Mosley at this moment in time.
    Lopez
    24.49%
    Provodnikov
    63.27%
    Van Heerden
    6.12%
    Other
    6.12%

Provodnikov is capable of taking him into deep waters and drowning him at this stage.
    I'd rather one of the other two and think it would be a step in the right direction and show hes ready for the step onto the world stage.

Provo is a very risky fight though, if he took that fight and passed with flying colours I think that prove a lot to a lot of people/critics.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Provodnikov is capable of taking him into deep waters and drowning him at this stage.
      I'd rather one of the other two and think it would be a step in the right direction and show hes ready for the step onto the world stage.

Provo is a very risky fight though, if he took that fight and passed with flying colours I think that prove a lot to a lot of people/critics.
      He mentioned fighting a name. Out of those three I'd say Provodnikov is the only name

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

That's what I'm thinking. Despite the layoff etc, if he fights Provodnikov who arguably just beat Bradley, and decked him a couple of times, and Brook beats him more comfortably than Bradley did, then he's proved himself against a very very good fighter. I would rather see that happening than a fight vs Lopez or Van Heerden.

Comment

Would rather Provo hes similar to Jones only a lot better and hits a lot harder. That fight would prove the most but it is risky especially if Brooks taking babysteps towards the world stage but if he wants to make a statement, that is the one to go for.

Josesito is a tough kid who would give it his best but get stopped.

Van Heerden is about where Brook is but hes unknown and only one guy would receive any credit there.

Josesito then Provo if they could do that would be best. If he thinks hes ready for the bigboys then go straight for Provo.

Comment

I'd be happy with any of those.

Provodnikov beat Bradley IMO, that would be a perfect fight for Kell. I think he's sharper, stronger, faster and harder hitting than Bradley and would get the job done.

Comment

I'm curious which rounds you guys who had Provo beating Bradley think he won to secure him the fight.

Brook vs Josecito is the fight to make imo. Josecito is still a very competitive welterweight at this stage, though tbh I think he's earned a bit of a break after Ortiz - Canelo - Maidana.
              Last edited by The Ninth Layer; 07-15-2013, 04:11 AM.

Comment

My pick is Van Heerden.

He did an interview a few weeks ago and mentioned he was looking at fighting McCloskey in September in Ireland so Eddie may have worked his charm to get Kell in there instead.

Comment

Originally posted by danivtec View Post
                  My pick is Van Heerden.

He did an interview a few weeks ago and mentioned he was looking at fighting McCloskey in September in Ireland so Eddie may have worked his charm to get Kell in there instead.
                  So Kell can be a "world champion"

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
                    I'm curious which rounds you guys who had Provo beating Bradley think he won to secure him the fight.

Brook vs Josecito is the fight to make imo. Josecito is still a very competitive welterweight at this stage, though tbh I think he's earned a bit of a break after Ortiz - Canelo - Maidana.
                    I think Ruslan landed the better shots throughout their fight, pressed the action, got a couple of KDs and won a couple of rounds again after that. At the very least he deserved a draw and a rematch imo.

With regards to Lopez, it might not be the best idea for him to go and fight someone like Brook at this stage, and I wouldn't blame him for taking a step back and fight at a lower level. But at the same time, if he beats Kell then he's back in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                    X