Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How powerful is Tyson Fury compared to current and past heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't have the type of explosive power that fighters like Parker or Wilder possess, or the heavy handedness of guys like Ortiz, AJ or Stiverne, but it's a mistake to call him feather fisted. To a large degree he chooses not to load up on shots in order to maintain his punch output and mobility. When he does set his feet and throw he tends to drop guys quite hard, like he did in the Abell fight. By and large though I think what Fury's doing works best for him, his physical dimensions and natural aptitudes. It's much harder to defend against someone constantly on the move throwing shots from all angles than it is against a static target who loads up on single punches, especially when those 'pitty-pat' shots are thrown by a 6ft 9in 250lbs man with fists the size of hams.

Comment

He has decent enough power when he catches someone right, in spite of his poor technique, due to his size. But the tricky thing in boxing isnt punching hard, its landing the punch with accuracy and timing vs an opponent who is moving and doesnt want to punched.

From what ive seen he doesnt have the coordination or accuracy to do it consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
        How do you guys rank Tyson Fury's power compared to Wilder, AJ, Whyte and previous heavyweights?
        Wilder, AJ and Whyte aren't even in the conversation of fighters with great power, so I'll just exclude them, until they prove how hard they hit against top, top opposition.

Now, Fury, in terms of the great punchers in the heavyweight division, the Foremans, the Tysons, the Fraziers and even Wlad himself, is nowhere near as good. I haven't seen him properly sit down on his punches for years and since he's started "boxing" in this back foot, size over everything else - style, he has thrown arm punches.

So yeah, Fury's power isn't really rated, I don't think it ever was.

Comment

I have more power in my todger .after 10 bottles of beer and a few cheeky shots of sambuca than that goon...... Even Grace Jones has more wallop than fury ....

War golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
            He doesn't have the type of explosive power that fighters like Parker or Wilder possess, or the heavy handedness of guys like Ortiz, AJ or Stiverne, but it's a mistake to call him feather fisted. To a large degree he chooses not to load up on shots in order to maintain his punch output and mobility. When he does set his feet and throw he tends to drop guys quite hard, like he did in the Abell fight. By and large though I think what Fury's doing works best for him, his physical dimensions and natural aptitudes. It's much harder to defend against someone constantly on the move throwing shots from all angles than it is against a static target who loads up on single punches, especially when those 'pitty-pat' shots are thrown by a 6ft 9in 250lbs man with fists the size of hams.
            I see your still gobbling fury off.....even on a Sunday lol

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Wilder, AJ and Whyte aren't even in the conversation of fighters with great power, so I'll just exclude them, until they prove how hard they hit against top, top opposition.

Now, Fury, in terms of the great punchers in the heavyweight division, the Foremans, the Tysons, the Fraziers and even Wlad himself, is nowhere near as good. I haven't seen him properly sit down on his punches for years and since he's started "boxing" in this back foot, size over everything else - style, he has thrown arm punches.

So yeah, Fury's power isn't really rated, I don't think it ever was.
              Frazier was not really a true knockout artist and neither really was tyson...tyson was a combination puncher who would hit you with a barrage of punches and finish you....never seen tyson really land a one punch knock out shot except maybe for berbick and tyson stepped up in class his knockout power became less and less ...in general I would even say klicthcko is not a one punch banger. It's more that he wears you down..The heavyweights greatest hitters were louis,Liston ,foreman, ron lyle, earnie shavers,razor ruddock and probabl a few more I forget...they my friend were true knockout kings

Comment

He's getting stronger with each fight.

I was impressed with the way he handled Klitschko up close and wasn't overpowered.

He's a strong fighter overall.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                  He has no power

most featherfisted hw beltholder since Chris Byrd

Byrd was a small dude, though. I dont know what's Fury's excuse for punching like a girl

Comment

He has stopped 18 out of 25 opponents if I'm right? That's very good.

Comment

He's a big man and hits HARD but it's more accumulative power and thudding shots rather than one hit KO punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X