Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer: Edwin Rodriguez Turned Down 500K!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
    154???????????

Well,,,lol, there you go mr. mayweather jr !!

OH oh sorry I forgot Jr is trying to keep his "0" intact,
    Hold on a second did you just mention Floyd on a Golovkin/Rodriguez thread? Man...hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
      Wonder if Matthew Macklin has been offered the fight? He seems like he'd be willing to fight anyone.

Actually, give it to Jermaine Taylor. Lets get his career over with. It's a title shot like he wanted, and a main event billing!

f#ck that, man

golovkin would put taylor's life at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
        Wonder if Matthew Macklin has been offered the fight? He seems like he'd be willing to fight anyone.

Actually, give it to Jermaine Taylor. Lets get his career over with. It's a title shot like he wanted, and a main event billing!
        At this point i'd be down for anything. GGG is going everywhere from MW to SMW having everyone say no

Comment

Another Dibella fighter ducking Golovkin.

Lou must be having nightmares where triple G is chasing him.

Comment

First Ooisthuizen, then Rodriguez. Soon Julius Long

But in all seriousness, GGG needs a big HBO fight. Someone with a pronounceable name and a decent record. Unfortunate, but that's boxing these days. Really bummed that Geale didn't take the fight, but I'll forgive him if he ends Mundine's career

Comment

If he'll fight anyone from 154-168, put him in with Angulo at 154 so we could have another Rios-Alvarado type war.

After Angulo has a few warm ups, I seriously doubt he turns down that type of money.

Anyway, I guess Rodriguez's 0 is more important than that cash.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                If he'll fight anyone from 154-168, put him in with Angulo at 154 so we could have another Rios-Alvarado type war.

After Angulo has a few warm ups, I seriously doubt he turns down that type of money.

YES! I haven't thought about that matchup but it would be great to see. For some reason I see Angulo winning it though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Angulo turned down over 750K in a proposed fight against Martinez and Angulo also vacted an interim title instead of facing Dzinziruk.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                    First Ooisthuizen, then Rodriguez. Soon Julius Long

But in all seriousness, GGG needs a big HBO fight. Someone with a pronounceable name and a decent record. Unfortunate, but that's boxing these days. Really bummed that Geale didn't take the fight, but I'll forgive him if he ends Mundine's career
                    Ooisthuizen is still in play, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Steve Kim is saying Ooisthuizen wants too much money right now but that's how it's done. nobody starts negotiations asking for a small amount.

Ooisthuizen vs Golovkin might be on the undercard of Salido vs Garcia, which would be huge exposure for GGG and Ooisthuzien. give it some time

being in negotiations is one thing and flat out refusing is another

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                      Angulo turned down over 750K in a proposed fight against Martinez and Angulo also vacted an interim title instead of facing Dzinziruk.
                      Maybe his stint in prison changed his mind. He's lost out on a lot of money and is looking for a good name to put him back towards title shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X