No announcement yet.

The worst cash grabs in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Haye vs Audley was one of the more ridiculous matchups I can recall. Just one big farce.
    Haye vs Chisora was up there too

Hold on there's a theme here

Comment

what about mosley mayorga II??

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        What are the worst cash grabs over the years..

And I don't want to hear floyd-manny or any other major fight that happened to suck.. I'm talking about horrible cash grabs... I don't think anyone will top my selection..

GOAT cash grab- 2006 mike Tyson had a PPv for a 4 round exhibition vs sparring partner Cory sanders ( and not the sanders that ko'd WLAD but the sanders that was a journeymen at best)
        Tyson fought in a T-shirt and sanders wore headgear... And yes I paid money to watch it..
        Only redeeming quality was Col. Bob Sheridan hyped the hell out of it during the broadcast.

Can anyone top that cash grab event?
        I felt Pacquiao vs Mayweather was a cash grab, not because the fight sucked. But because boxing fans waited so long, Pacquiao got KO'ed cold, and it was Mayweather's, LAST chance to get the millions even though it will not be what it could've been back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          The Late Ali fights, Ali-Holmes and Ali Berbick
          Ali vs Frazier the daughters, lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
            Kovalev pascal 2
            Was wondering if I was the only one honest enough to be thinking that. Pascal dwindles in obscurity for years, wins against Bute in a pathetic affair, gets raped by Kovalev, gets the robberyof the year, and now he's fighting Kovalev again??? Is Sergey so unknown that he has to stoop to that to get a payday? I was under the impression he was fairly popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              What are the worst cash grabs over the years..

And I don't want to hear floyd-manny or any other major fight that happened to suck.. I'm talking about horrible cash grabs... I don't think anyone will top my selection..

GOAT cash grab- 2006 mike Tyson had a PPv for a 4 round exhibition vs sparring partner Cory sanders ( and not the sanders that ko'd WLAD but the sanders that was a journeymen at best)
              Tyson fought in a T-shirt and sanders wore headgear... And yes I paid money to watch it..
              Only redeeming quality was Col. Bob Sheridan hyped the hell out of it during the broadcast.

Can anyone top that cash grab event?
              How can Pacquiao/May not be up there? It was the greatest cash grab in history, two of the finest fighters of our time, charging a $100 for a sparring session. Pure genius.

But yeah, the whole Tyson/Sanders thing was a joke, maybe Tyson should have just filled out MSG masturbating.

In terms of my home, England, the worse PPV we've probably ever had, the main event anyway, was Bellew/Cleverly II.

Comment

JCC Jrs Career
                Salvador Sanchez Jrs Existence
                Garcia-Morales II
                Mayweather-Berto
                Povetkin-Rahman
                Provodnikov-Castillo
                Hopkins-Jones II
                Canelo-Lopez was pretty disgusting too

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  Kovalev pascal 2
                  Paul Williams winky wright
                  Margo vs pac
                  Jones lacy
                  Chavez vs a bunch of those bum title defenses
                  Haye vs Del Boy
                  Hoya vs gatti
                  Pac Mosley
                  Paulie vs Judah
                  You consider these fights cash grabs, but don't list Pac/Rios or Pac/Algieri as a cash grab?

Comment

Every fight is a cash grab. No fighter, in spite of what they may say, fights strictly for the entertainment of the fans or for legacy.

Anyone who knew anything about Mayweather or Pacquaio knew exactly how that fight was going to turn out. Anyone who now calls it a cash grab or has anything negative to say about it is an idiot who deserved to lose their money.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Was wondering if I was the only one honest enough to be thinking that. Pascal dwindles in obscurity for years, wins against Bute in a pathetic affair, gets raped by Kovalev, gets the robberyof the year, and now he's fighting Kovalev again??? Is Sergey so unknown that he has to stoop to that to get a payday? I was under the impression he was fairly popular.
                      Yes, he is! His promoter, Main Events, relies solely on HBO to pay Kovalev's purses. Pascal is the best option available (who is eligible to fight on HBO's terms) to Kovalev, so that is who HBO chose.

Comment

Working...
                      X