Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else hate books that drag on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Does anyone else hate books that drag on?

I've read a few books this year but a lot of authors these days tend to blab way too much, I've read this is a real issue for today's writers, excessively drawn out books that could have been explained in fewer pages. Before I get snobs criticizing me, yes many have criticized modern authors for this, just google "books too long these days".

Worst of all I always feel a nagging compunction to finish the book so once I start I can't stop!
    Last edited by Shaolin Sword; 10-24-2016, 10:45 PM.

Not gonna lie I had to google "compunction"

Comment

I don't fuxx with books

Only book I read was Cat in the Hat and it was pretty good, solid read. 8/10 book. It didn't drag on either so I don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I don't fuxx with books

Only book I read was Cat in the Hat and it was pretty good, solid read. 8/10 book. It didn't drag on either so I don't know what you're talking about.
        hahaha fukin Cat in a Hat. I nearly shat then.

Tis a good read mind you, no clue what he's on about

Comment

Last book I read was Richard Pryor's autobiography and that was in 2006. Good read, I read it again in 2010.

Comment

I once read the unedited ultimate edition of Stephen king's the stand.. ****ing took forever and maybe one cool thing added.. the rest was a few hundred pages of boring descriptions about the land, road, etc

Comment

I'm currently reading "The Call of the Wild" and while it's not a long book, there are parts that are extremely irritating to get through. I know it's an old book but damn, the wording gives me headaches.

Comment

this is me waiting for the next George R.R. Martin book

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                  I'm currently reading "The Call of the Wild" and while it's not a long book, there are parts that are extremely irritating to get through. I know it's an old book but damn, the wording gives me headaches.
                  Just saw it's free on kindle so I got it. Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    Just saw it's free on kindle so I got it. Any good?
                    Yeah, it's worth reading IMO. I'm nearing the end of the book. Some parts are just hard to concentrate on due to the odd wording by the author.

Comment

Working...
                    X