Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question ?heavyweight champion boxing history ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question ?heavyweight champion boxing history ?

who is the the first heavyweight champion boxing in history .allow to have the most voluntary defense after winning the belt in the row ?

i know Deontay Wilder will have 4 soon
    but guy do you remenber someone have more of 4 after winning the title ?

thank guy for your time and answer
    btw sorry for my bad english i`m french
    Last edited by charley222; 06-02-2016, 06:56 PM.

Originally posted by charley222 View Post
    who is the the first heavyweight champion boxing in history .allow to have the most voluntary defense after winning the belt in the row ?

i know Deontay Wilder will have 4 soon
    but guy do you remenber someone have more of 4 after winning the title ?

thank guy for your time and answer
    btw sorry for my bad english i`m french
    Not an answer to your question, but as oldfashioned as I am, I don't see Wilder as a champion (yet). There can only be one per division, and he's got to beat Fury first before calling himself a champ (I believe he has a good chance succeeding).

(And the reason why I don't answer your question about voluntary defences is because I don't know the answer )
    Last edited by Ben Bolt; 06-02-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
      Not an answer to your question, but as oldfashioned as I am, I don't see Wilder as a champion (yet). There can only be one per division, and he's got to beat Fury first before calling himself a champ (I believe he has a good chance succeeding).

(And the reason why I don't answer your question about voluntary defences is because I don't know the answer )
      i understand np
      maybe is the first heavyweight boxer after winning the belt to have the most voluntary defences because i dont remember this and i watch boxing from the 80 thank for your answer . tyson fury dont have the same luck it the IBF belt

Comment

Do you mean mandatory defenses?

Comment

I guess that all champions, untill the days of alphabet organizations, made only volontary defenses. The first alphabet organization was NBA (later WBA) which started in 1921. I dont know when they started to designate mandatories, but info on the history of the alphabet boys can be found in this thread I made several years ago:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279907

Comment

Working...
          X