No announcement yet.

Malik Scott - Joshua did more than hold his own sparring Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Tyson Fury is the future of HW boxing, not AJ.
    Ok so now back to the current HW scene...

What is your credibility for asserting Fury the heir apparent?

I don't think Fury is particularly poorly skilled even. In fact he has better skills than Joshua and especially Wilder.

But he doesn't have a really big punch for a guy his size, and it takes a really big punch to put Wladimir away.

Plus he has a fairly shaky chin and Wlad is among the hardest punchers.

And there is no way he can "outbox Wladimir. WK is so much sharper than Fury it's beyond doubt. If you can exclude the quick finish at the hands of Sanders, then it's fair to say that Wladimir has never been outboxed in his entire 65 fight career, even in the other 2 fights he lost in!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      Ok so now back to the current HW scene...

What is your credibility for asserting Fury the heir apparent?

I don't think Fury is particularly poorly skilled even. In fact he has better skills than Joshua and especially Wilder.

But he doesn't have a really big punch for a guy his size, and it takes a really big punch to put Wladimir away.

Plus he has a fairly shaky chin and Wlad is among the hardest punchers.

And there is no way he can "outbox Wladimir. WK is so much sharper than Fury it's beyond doubt. If you can exclude the quick finish at the hands of Sanders, then it's fair to say that Wladimir has never been outboxed in his entire 65 fight career, even in the other 2 fights he lost in!
      I can't see anyone defeating Wlad before he retires, and that includes Fury.

Fury is only 26, i think he has underrated skills and punches hard enough to keep people honest. His size will always give him a massive advantage, and i think he's capable of defeating any HW not named Wlad, if he turns up in shape & sticks to a gameplan.

Then again, i love Tyson Fury and think he's great for boxing, so i'm probably biased. I just find him infinitely more entertaining than robots like Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        I can't see anyone defeating Wlad before he retires, and that includes Fury.

Fury is only 26, i think he has underrated skills and punches hard enough to keep people honest. His size will always give him a massive advantage, and i think he's capable of defeating any HW not named Wlad, if he turns up in shape & sticks to a gameplan.

Then again, i love Tyson Fury and think he's great for boxing, so i'm probably biased. I just find him infinitely more entertaining than robots like Joshua.
        Hmmm...

You know what, I am inclined to agree with that.

He is more skilled and versatile than Joshua, who has beaten a small selection of bums and a couple of borderline bums to date, showing nothing but power so far.

And definitely more than Wilder who in 30+ fights has shown us nothing but power.

Yeah he is good for boxing.

Whatever becomes of those 2 though, I think Stiverne or Arreola would punch his lights out.

And Haye would make a clown out of him.

Aside from those 3 and Wladimir, I could probably rate him number 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Hmmm...

You know what, I am inclined to agree with that.

He is more skilled and versatile than Joshua, who has beaten a small selection of bums and a couple of borderline bums to date, showing nothing but power so far.

And definitely more than Wilder who in 30+ fights has shown us nothing but power.

Yeah he is good for boxing.

Whatever becomes of those 2 though, I think Stiverne or Arreola would punch his lights out.

And Haye would make a clown out of him.

Aside from those 3 and Wladimir, I could probably rate him number 5!
          Povetkin wants Fury, now that's a fight i'd like to see!

Comment

Working...
          X