Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan literally has no advantages over Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the advantage of Canelo being weight drained.

Oh no that's right, that was Floyd.

Comment

For what its worth I do think Canelo doesn't have a style that Khan would typically struggle with its more that Canelo will land at some point and I have no real faith in Khan taking it and he does not recover well.

Add work rate and stamina to the list of advantages Khan has.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Height, reach, hand speed, footspeed, experience, his jab.

He has advantages. Whether he can make good use of them remains to be seen.
        Canelo actually has more experience and a better jab

Comment

Hand speed, movement, stamina and work-rate. Canelo fights in spurts, Khan can win many rounds by sheer activity.

Comment

Khan has two advantages which are speed and height.

People all know Canelo could knock Khan out but Canelo's biggest advantage is actually defense.

Khan's defense is some of the worst in a fighter at the top level. Hard to watch that Garcia hook KO and figure out what exactly Khan's right hand was doing.

Canelo is allowed to put power on his shots when he goes in because he has confidence in his defense moving back out.

Khan's offense falls apart because his defense is so bad he always gets checked and has to change his style mid fight. It's not even his chin, his defense is just very poor.

His new trainer has recognized this though and showed him how to score-clinch-score. That's about the only variable giving him a chance of victory.

He will lose extended trades BADLY, but if he sticks to his new style he could steal rounds.
            Last edited by ////; 02-06-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryggg View Post
              Offense-Canelo
              Accuracy-Canelo
              Power-Canelo
              Footwork-Canelo
              Chin-Canelo
              Timing-Canelo
              Ring IQ-Canelo

only thing Khan has is speed and honestly that is overrated
              Don't discount Allah!! The Most merciful and beneficent.

God decides everything, we decide nothing.

God. Shalom.

Comment

Originally posted by larryggg View Post
                Canelo actually has more experience and a better jab

Canelo learned his trade in the pros, Khan had a lengthy amateur career at the highest level. He has been fighting at world level for much longer than Canelo who may not even be quite at his peak yet. About half of Amir's fights as a pro have been for some form of world title & IMO he has seen a lot more styles than Canelo but with how stupid Khan fights I can see why some may say Canelo is more seasoned or experienced.
                Khan was fighting Maidana, Peterson and so on when Canelo was still facing your Matthew Hattons of the world.

Disagree on the jab. I don't think Canelo even has a jab as such its a range finder.

Comment

Khan has better dance moves when he gets hit on the chin.

Comment

Khan only chance will be a 10 speed bike in the ring. But in the end he will not have enough power to keep Canelo off

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      For what its worth I do think Canelo doesn't have a style that Khan would typically struggle with its more that Canelo will land at some point and I have no real faith in Khan taking it and he does not recover well.

Add work rate and stamina to the list of advantages Khan has.
                      You mean he's not a counter puncher with a mean left hook? Come on bro, Khan is a perfect opponent for Canelo to shine.

But that's typical Khan. I think they'll come up with some new game plan , most likely 1-2 and get out of range, rinse and repeat.

But he will get hit at some point...

Comment

Working...
                      X