Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo beating GGG better for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it matter? Alvarez isn't going to beat Golovkin.

Comment

Nah. It will only make Canelo and even bigger star, which means his diva demands will continue. We will have to suffer as he cleans up 155, then moves up to 156 and so forth. At least Floyd made a name for himself before becoming Money.

Comment

I think GGG beasts Canelo. They are both excellent fighters and I love both of them. I think GGG is a better boxer and a harder puncher. Canelo has a great chin but GGG has an even better one. If you study GGG's record you will see he has never been in a fight that was close all. He wins all his fights by a mile and seldom loses even a single round. That's good boxing. Canelo has a KO ratio of about 67% but GGG has an amazing 92% of his wins by KO. I know the GGG hater fan club say he fights nothing but bums but that's a total lie. The quality of his opposition is as good as any champion fighting today and better than most champions. Three of his KO victims won fights and looked good this week. Lemieux, Stevens and Murray all won and they certainly aren't bums. My pick is GGG by ud or late round KO.

Comment

How do you know GGG only has 3 good years left? Mayweather was fighting well when he retired at 38. Hopkins was kicking ass all though his forties and was still good into his 50s. GGG takes good care of himself and trains hard. Hasn't slowed down in the least and he is fighting better than ever. Much to the horror and disgust of his army of haters GGG may have 6 or even 10 good years left.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
            Im a fan of both fighters and hope this fight gets made, but dp you think boxing is better off in the long run if Canelo wins? Canelo is 25 and Golovkin is 34, probably only has 3 good years left. Canelo has star power while GGG is not as big as attraction. So what you think?
            Would a loss mean Canelo would no longer have star power? Did his loss to Mayweather end his "star" status?

Also, hypothetically, what weight is this fight fought at? 160 or a lower catchweight?

And hypothetically, post Golovkin, is Canelo fightign at 160 or at a lower catchweight?

Comment

Working...
            X