Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamont stands no chance against Lucas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Peterson's lack of power could hinder his chances.

He's definitely capable of winning though. I think he'll outbox Peterson in spots and hang with him on the inside so I could certainly see him winning a decision.

I still think Matthysee will win though but I expect a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
      lucas by stoppage!!!

petersen got ripped up on the inside by bradly and dropped by bradley

he also got dropped heavily by victor and if victor had any finishing ablity he would of stopped him!!!

i am pretty sure lucas is going to destroy lamont and make it pretty one sided
      Actually, he was beating Bradley on the inside, hence the reason Bradley started to box and won the fight boxing in the second half.

Lamont will win this fight I think. He's more versatile and we know he can a shot.

Comment

Peterson is going to win a hard fought decision. He's a warrior, he will not lay down for anyone. Matthysse has power, but he is not on the level of a prime Tszyu or Tyson. If he was, he would have knocked out an old, past prime Zab Judah instead of going the distance with him and losing a decision. I'm not convinced with his TKO's over Soto and Olesogun [spelling], let alone Dallas. I'm more impressed with Peterson's work on Holt, Khan and his fight with Ortiz.

Matthysse also starts slow and moves really slowly, he has no head movement. All people are thinking about is his power, while Peterson does not have much of. That is the worst way to predict a fight between top level fighters. If we're talking about Matthysse vs a C class fighter I would understand people mentioning his power. But you need more than power at the top level, as proven by the Super 6, and Matthysse vs Judah/Alexander.

Comment

I don't understand how lamont gets a pass for cheating. That said Lucas wins by ko.

Comment

A lot of ppl think that Lucas is going to blow out Lamont. It is a different story when top fighters meet in the ring. Even though that I favor Lucas but wouldn't be surprised that Lamont would do well for periods of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              I don't understand how lamont gets a pass for cheating. That said Lucas wins by ko.
              The answer is as easy as 1+1.

Comment

Terrible OP...

Why do people compare fighters attribute against attribute (i.e. Peterson isn't as tough as Matthysse or Lucas has more power than Lamont)?

That doesn't matter... What matters is how (fighter X) is able to handle that advantage from (fighter Y). Just recent examples should tell you that... Froch is more powerful and is tougher than Ward, but that didn't stop Ward from winning. Pacquiao-Marquez IV? Wlad-Brewster I? Mayweather-Corrales?

Lamont is going to give Lucas all that he can handle.

Win or lose, Lamont is going to use his speed, defense, toughness, strength, counter punching, body punching, jab, combinations, and his good boxing ability to make it a rough night for Matthysse.

This is a 50/50 fight; it'll be competitive throughout.

Comment

Working...
                X