Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joining a Boxing Gym, is it worth it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm being over charged; I pay $109 per month and that's a limited membership...

Comment

this all sounds really pricey, I must be lucky, it only costs me £2 for an hour and a half in the boxing gym....i don't like the sound of these memberships, been conned in that department in the past, never again!

Comment

Well when i think of membership, im thinking of contracts. I think the gym im joining is just $60 cash and when you don't want to go anymore just stop paying. The trainer of the gym is well known and from what he told me that every weekend the boxers there go to competitions and tournaments. I will try it out to see how it goes.

Comment

lol at prices, over here it's like 20$/month and after 3 months if you are serious,work hard & don't miss training it's free.

Comment

I pay 180 dollars for 1 year, with access to training 5 times a week + all our fighting expenses are paid. And when we go for trainingcamps (Germany and Spain), it's also paid, so all the moey are well given out.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPromoter View Post
              I think I'm being over charged; I pay $109 per month and that's a limited membership...
              jeez and you said you only sometimes go once a week? Mine is free except for signing up to compete. I think it depends a lot on the area at which the gym, is located

Comment

if you want to box go to a boxing gym. if you jsut want to be in shape go to whatever is convient

Comment

well i train 7 days of the week
                  for about 2 hours everyday
                  i sometimes take a day off
                  or just do light workouts

that is why my conditioning has never been a problem but i mean everyone has their own training techniques and that's why boxing is such an exciting sport.

i train at home , my brother trains me and he keeps me in great shape! i would recommend joining a gym if you're young but if you're over 18 i'd suggest training at home. sometimes you can even get a friend to help you out and both of you learn as you go! that is the purpose of amateur boxing , not only for the boxer but for the trainers and etc. !!!!
                  Last edited by kali08; 02-20-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                    Oh okay. Well 3 days is perfectly fine for a beginner. Like Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That way you can get some rest between every workout. 60 bucks isn't exactly cheap but if you have 2 jobs and if you can afford it, if you like the gym then go for it.

What's the training like? Do u have a trainer or are you just part of a class type situation?

60 isn't bad nowadays..

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                      What in gods name do you do there for 4 hours a day? If the training is somewhat decent and you're not sitting on your ass the whole time you should be done in 60, 75 or 90 minutes. That's a workout for boxing. Do you lift weights after/before the boxing training begins? I mean what do you do there for 4 hours, i don't get it.

And how are we supposed to know whether it's worth it or not if we don't even know the fees you have to pay? If it's around 50 bucks i guess it's worth it since you're spending that much time in the gym.

A shorter, much more intense workout would be better though. Just my opinion.
                      4 hours in the gym going intense is a good workout for boxing, if your using the 4 hours but sitting on your ass a lil bit its not worth it, but 60-90 minutes is a breeze for boxers man i dont know where you got that number from but theres way too much to do in a real boxing workout in just 1 /2 hours.. i workout 3 hours a day easily

Comment

Working...
                      X