Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great video breakdown between Ward-Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing to note is that Kovalev does a really good job with a downward chopping right hand so Ward might have to be careful with his upward jab move.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
      One thing to note is that Kovalev does a really good job with a downward chopping right hand so Ward might have to be careful with his upward jab move.
      ... the temple, the top of the head, doe... that's the place Kovalev will hit...

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Did you see SOG's game?! hes on another level! I'm sorry but this is going to be easy...its not even close ; Ward is going to dominate -- this aint a Euro-Bum Nathan Cleverly, this aint a fifty year active HOF nah.....my boy been on Kovalevs mind since Drizzy school his partner in the Olympics....OOUU I cant wait!
        Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Good vid, both fighters should get huge credit for fighting one another, especially Kovalev!

SOG isn't messing around like Canela, or playing bidness man like team Golovkin; went right at it after shaking off the rust!!

Kov is a solid fighter but again he should be ready cuz he's going to homegrown AMERICAN schooling for 36 mins!!
        Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... the temple, the top of the head, doe... that's the place Kovalev will hit...
        Wherever Kovalev hits them, body and head, he hurts them,
        and that's something Ward has never had to contend with before. Froch and Kessler could take anybody out ... with their best shot.

Kovalev can take anybody out with any shot, at any time. Once Ward feels Kovalev's power, he'll either go into survival mode, or he'll stick to his plan, whatever it is, and get KO'd.

Comment

In his second fight with Kovalev, Pascal tried to weather the storm by crouching down low to try and keep get his head out of the way of Krusher's power shots. But Kovalev was able to get just as much power into his right hands when they were aimed down around waist level as when he was throwing them straight from the shoulder.

Kovalev is great at changing levels with without changing his "tall" stance too much. He doesn't need to crouch down and straighten back up to hit punishingly hard at any level. That's why his attacks are difficult to predict and seem to take his opponents by surprise so often.

Comment

Great video,rather styles break down then fight break down doe

Comment

Thanks 4 sharing dude! Can't wait! Battle of Kings...

Comment

Will watch later. Hopefully it's as good as people are claiming

Comment

Very true, I've thought about that one a lot. 2 things come to mind. One being that Ward is significantly quicker and less predictable than former Kovalev opponents. The other being that I almost guarantee Ward will set a trap based off Kovalev's tendency to chop downward. He did that exact thing with Dawson by luring him into it, then springing up with a left hook.
                  Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Will watch later. Hopefully it's as good as people are claiming
                  If you've analyzed Ward and Kovalev, it's not offering any deep insights. But, the music and overall production quality are great so it's very watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Did you see SOG's game?! hes on another level! I'm sorry but this is going to be easy...its not even close ; Ward is going to dominate -- this aint a Euro-Bum Nathan Cleverly, this aint a fifty year active HOF nah.....my boy been on Kovalevs mind since Drizzy school his partner in the Olympics....OOUU I cant wait!
                    No one is going to dominate this fight. If either side wins, it will be competitive until someone takes the fight over.

Comment

Great video, and got me more hyped. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                      X