No announcement yet.

Conception vs Kal Yafai

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conception vs Kal Yafai

Big night for Kal, first big test. Looks class vs lower level and many have claimed he is a top world prospect. Im not 100% sold, but this is a perfect fight to find out.

Conception is a tough critter in the twighlight of his career. But hes had a resurgence of late winning a world title beating Kohei Kono.

Who do you have taking this?

I think its going to be a rough night, but Kal will take it in the end. His body work is top level. Especially when he sinks that left downstairs.

I'd have liked to have seen Kal Yafai fight a better standard of opponent before this title shot, in fact his opponents have been pretty dire really. This is a massive step up. I'm not sure who I am picking yet.

Comment

I like & rate Yafai highly but this is a big jump in class.
      He's had it all his own way upto now we've never seen him have to go through adversity. Never seen him even take a meaningful shot really.

Its a big jump up, he's very untested but one I think he should win if he boxes smart behind his jab and avoids a scrappy brawl which Concepcion will be craving, its all he knows. Kal has the size, ability & skillset to pick Concepcion apart from the outside he has better fundamentals than Cuadras & the likes. He's technically very sound.
      I think its Yafai's fight to lose.

First thread I've seen on the fight actually, shame because its a good fight. I'd of thought there would of been more talk surrounding it as its the best and probably most intriguing on the card well for me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I like & rate Yafai highly but this is a big jump in class.
        He's had it all his own way upto now we've never seen him have to go through adversity. Never seen him even take a meaningful shot really.

Its a big jump up, he's very untested but one I think he should win if he boxes smart behind his jab and avoids a scrappy brawl which Concepcion will be craving, its all he knows. Kal has the size, ability & skillset to pick Concepcion apart from the outside he has better fundamentals than Cuadras & the likes. He's technically very sound.
        I think its Yafai's fight to lose.

First thread I've seen on the fight actually, shame because its a good fight. I'd of thought there would of been more talk surrounding it as its the best and probably most intriguing on the card well for me anyway
        This fight is the only reason i'll be buying the PPV and even then i'll feel slightly dirty for having done so.

Comment

Wow Yafai looks significantly bigger than Conception in the face off. Didnt realise how much bigger he would be.

Defiinitely a factor if he can keep the fight long like Dan says.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
            This fight is the only reason i'll be buying the PPV and even then i'll feel slightly dirty for having done so.
            Yeah definitely the best fight on the card. Followed by Whyte Chisora, then probably Burton vs Buglioni ... then Joshua vs Molina lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Yeah definitely the best fight on the card. Followed by Whyte Chisora, then probably Burton vs Buglioni ... then Joshua vs Molina lol.
              Burton-Buglioni might be a fun fight, i'm not convinced Whyte-Chisora will be although I hope it is. I just hope the referee in Ortiz-Allen stops the fight too early rather than too late.

Comment

Burton-Buglioni might be a fun fight, i'm not convinced Whyte-Chisora will be although I hope it is. I just hope the referee in Ortiz-Allen stops the fight too early rather than too late.
                Ortiz vs Allen is an abomination and if anything bad happens to allen then there should be criminal charges for all involved. Complete disgrace.

Will be funny when the BBBoC criticises the Chisora vs Whyte fiasco for bringing boxing into disrepute when they have sanctioned this farce

Comment

I think Yafai will win easier than people think. Foresee a stoppage in 5-6 rounds.

Concepcion is over the hill imo and I don't think he can provide much of a challenge to Yafai right now.

Comment

Burton vs Buglioni is the best fight on the card imo.

Rivaled probably only by Yafai's fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X