No announcement yet.

Golovkin should move up after the Geale fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin should move up after the Geale fight

Cotto won't fight him (has much more lucrative options)
    Quillin won't fight him (fights on Showtime)
    Martinez is done and will probably retire soon
    Sturm is pretty much done as well
    Soliman, Murray, Mora, wouldn't be big fights

Gennady is wasting his prime years at middleweight. He should move up, go for Bika's or Abraham's belt and then try to unify against Froch or Ward.

Bika is with Haymon. He ll be matched with tmt prospects on Showtime till he gives up the belt. AA is with Sauerland, highly unlikely they entertain that cant-win matchup

Comment

Canelo........

Comment

I think he should finish the year out as a MW, and then fight a SMW contender next year to begin establishing himself at the weight. He doesn't necessarily have to move up permanently, but to let mofos know that he's coming.

Comment

Agreed he should.

Or, wait out a year because I imagine the Lineage may be Vacant by then.

He can fight Geale for now (Solid fight) beat him, see what happens with Cotto.

Comment

Golovkin and Canelo are pretty close in size, FIGHT!

Golovkin uses the same ringside wraps as me twins

He could definitely win at 168. At 32 it's not like he's still growing so he would be the small guy in every fight but I think he could still break into the top of that division.
            Last edited by Fr3$h; 06-10-2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

He's pretty content fighting nobodies and calling out welter weights. Why would he wanna move up. Unless he fights more bums

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                He's pretty content fighting nobodies and calling out welter weights. Why would he wanna move up. Unless he fights more bums
                You mean 2x and current super welter champ. Is this queen still a welter if he goes for the lineal mw belt at 156?

Comment

Yeah, Golovkin has pretty much exhausted his options at middleweight. I think the only other decent fight would be Rubio but that's a dangerous option with little reward or payoff. Golovkin at super middleweight would be a new revival for him and the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    You mean 2x and current super welter champ. Is this queen still a welter if he goes for the lineal mw belt at 156?
                    He's a welter weight no matter what. Is PAC not a welter weight even tho he fought for 154 title

Comment

Working...
                    X