No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez's Options: Cotto-Margarito Winner, Felix Sturm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Martinez is 36, he relies heavily on his reflexes and speed. Which will start eroding away as he continuous to age. He has a limited amount of time and fights left at an elite level. Although a Chavez jr fight wouldn't be the toughest fight out there it would give him exposure, which could land him bigger fights.
    I will admit I also want to see him fight JCC jr because I dislike him.
    Martinez-JCC Jr right now? Is a joke of a fight. And, Martinez would be fighting Barker and JCC Jr back-to-back. That's a lame 2 fights for not only the best MW in the World but one of the best elite fighters right now.

JCC Jr can give him some exposure. But, lets be real, how much? Even in Mexico JCC Jr it's not loved. He's 3rd tier to JMM and Canelo...Even Morales right now is back up more than JCC Jr. Hell I think Mexicans back Margarito more so than they do JCC Jr.

What will actually make JCC Jr become bigger is probably beating the winner of Margarito-JCC Jr. Which then can make a Martinez-JCC Jr fight later in the year even bigger and better for Martinez.

Comment

another top rank pu$$y

lol not once did he mention his mandatory...if the wbc dont strip this pu$$y for not wantin to fight the best n the sport...and the number 1 man in his division..sergio martinez.....all jokes aside he is scared of martinez

Comment

Originally posted by brains4boxing View Post
        lol not once did he mention his mandatory...if the wbc dont strip this pu$$y for not wantin to fight the best n the sport...and the number 1 man in his division..sergio martinez.....all jokes aside he is scared of martinez
        Again, what does it say about Martinez wanting to fight JCC Jr after fighting Barker?

We talking about the #1 man in the division...All jokes aside a Martinez-JCC Jr is a horrible, it's a huge mismatch...And, to make that after the Barker fight? And, that's what some fans want to see, becomes mind boggling to me.

Comment

Martinez vs Chavez Jr. needs to happen so I could go see it in the Staples Center. It's the biggest middleweight fight to be made in America.

Comment

I can see P Ricans here saying that Cotto is too small for chavez but they didn't say anything when Marquez fought a much bigger mayweather who by the way didn't hurt marquez. Cotto-Chavez and Martinez-Mayweather, make it happen.

Comment

Cotto... Margarito...? WTF... What about Rubio..!!! This is BS! Rubio was mandatory challenger! Sulaiman is givin the sport a bad name!!! Jr. Fight or vacate!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                why do u guys wan to see chavez fight martinez anyway? martinez has been boxing a decade longer, and is obviously a lot better. . . WHY WOULD U WANT TO SEE such an UNEVEN MATCHUP?! Lol, wouldn't sergio be cherry picking? i just don't get it. . . sergio needs to fight the best if he wants to keep claiming to be THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP. . . LOL @ being the people's champ. . .
                BECAUSE CHAVEZ HAS THE EFFING WBC CHAMPIONSHIP, THAT'S WHY!! PHUCK IS WRONG WITH BOXING FANS THESE DAYS??? Why some people are happy with the 6th or 7th best person in a division having a belt and not fighting the best baffles me.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Except Javier Castillejo and De La Hoya
                  Never lost to De La Hoya. Only loss was to Castillejo, which he avenged.
                  Last edited by MujoHrnjica; 11-25-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
                    Sturm is a fake champion, he lost to Macklin.
                    Explain to me what Macklin did in the second half of the fight to warrant a win

Comment

no martinez?wtf?

Comment

Working...
                      X