No announcement yet.

History section needs a mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catalinul View Post

What I don't undertand is why no IP bans here?
    It beats the purpose.
    There are possibly IP bans, but there are ways around that. The person can use a different server in a different location and start an alt account. Of course, there are plenty of software that can hide or change IP addresses, which makes it difficult to detect.

The bottom line is that these people will keep coming back to antagonize. One guy told me to "die and i hope you drown." In any board that is automatic banning. So the best i can do is simply ignore the member. He won't be able to go to my threads and i won't care to see his posts.

If people did this to the most notorious members, they will leave the boards. Because nobody will feed them, they feed on disturbance, chaos, and getting under your skin.

That being said, i do agree that havind Mods would decrease the friction, but if they get banned or posts deleted, they will come back as alts.

Comment

The trolling's been bad enough recently that I've at times toyed with the idea a few times of trying to talk all the good posters in here into making an exodus to Sweet Boxing were the trolls are controlled and there aren't 50,000 viruses to get infected with.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        and there aren't 50,000 viruses to get infected with.

Poet
        The History section is good in the East$ideboxing forum as well, I tend to spend a lot of my net time there, these days

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
          The History section is good in the East$ideboxing forum as well, I tend to spend a lot of my net time there, these days
          Sweet Boxing is Obama's site and it looks like a very good forum.....their fight video section is first class as well

Poet

Comment

Sweet Boxing is Obama's site and it looks like a very good forum.....their fight video section is first class as well

Poet
            I agree they do have a great video trading section, but not enough members

off topic: I got around to watching Qawi-Leon Spinks, thanks for that

Comment

First time I went to ******** boxing I saw
              "Riddick Bowe vs John L Sullivan, who wins?"

Haven't been back.

Comment

I agree they do have a great video trading section, but not enough members

off topic: I got around to watching Qawi-Leon Spinks, thanks for that
                It's funny, but the site I was a regular on before I discovered Boxing Scene was a British site B0xing Banter. They had so many server problems that I eventually stopped going there :hahahaha9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  First time I went to ******** boxing I saw
                  "Riddick Bowe vs John L Sullivan, who wins?"

Haven't been back.
                  From time to time, you will get a "off the wall" thread, but recently its been quite good, some top posters over there, I see thegreatA over there quite a bit as well.

Comment

It's funny, but the site I was a regular on before I discovered Boxing Scene was a British site B0xing Banter. They had so many server problems that I eventually stopped going there :hahahaha9:

Poet
                    Never heard of it before, but I will check it out, thanks for the heads up

Comment

This time , the poll's options were almost as idiotic as the poster who compiled them.
                      Yes/No could be so much better than these.

Posters still got banned here even without a mod who can't ban anyway.
                      Remember TheMagicMan , Postman Prat , and many more ?

Comment

Working...
                      X