Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are we boxing fans a bunch of frustrated boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    I had a little over 70 amateur fights and 8 losses but I stopped boxing when i joined the service instead of waiting a bit and turning pro. After being deployed i never really thought of picking it back up (at the time) so I'm happy I did both. It's only been recent that I've thought about getting to a boxing gym, not to compete but just be around, train and spar. Athletically, it's been kind of tough to find something as fulfilling as it aside from long runs so we'll see what i do in the coming months and how my cash flow and commute would look to get to a gym.
    Me too. (Never wanted to go pro), but I'm glad I did both. I tried going back to a gym as well just to get a work out of it, but just isn't the same anymore that & all the years in the service took it's toll in my body.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
      Did you stop young?
      Yea got shot and ended up doing 2 years in prison..

Comment

I wish i'd started training younger... I could be pro now

Comment

I trained when I was younger. Went from gym to gym and sparred people. I never had an amateur fight, it was more to stay in shape and off the streets. I stopped going to the gym when I started going to trade school. I had a job also so I was busy. Still kept watching my boxing though!

From reading all of the other responses it sounds like we all are frustrated one way or another

Comment

I'm not a frustrated boxer. I watch football or listen to music and wish I had that talent but I'm ****ed if I'd ever want the life of a pro boxer. It's a great sport to watch but getting punched in the face for a living doesn't appeal.

Comment

I have punching power. In 2009 or 2010 I sparred a young man my size and the same age. I got to experience what it feels like to have an opponent retreat because I hit too hard for him to stand in front of me.

It's a very ego-inflating thing.

Afterward, he told me I hit him so hard to the body that -- even though he blocked the punch -- the sheer forced moved his entire body.

Similar to what Tim Bradley said about Lucas Matthysse.

Despite possessing power I never considered boxing as a way to make a living because I don't wanna get punched in the head. Brain damage is real. I want my brain to be healthy and undamaged. I don't wanna end up like Adrien Broner.

There's better ways to make a living than boxing.

Comment

Everyone wants the glory but no one wants to get hit in the face. Good boxers are something else.

Comment

Originally posted by QUEEN MEAT View Post
                  You know, its like we have all wanted to be boxers when we were young but we never had the potential and stuff
                  hey, don't make fun of me....I could have been great, I swear to it.

Comment

Not at all.

I was way way way too interested in girls to have ever been an athlete.

Comment

I've never even seen a real boxing ring in my life, what are they like? .............. Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X