No announcement yet.

You're opinion on boxers who are now broke or fighting because they're broke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    Badzi87, you're my boy, but no more threads that have "you're" instead of "your", okay?

Here's a trivia question for everyone, probably incredibly easy, but we'll see: who's the richest boxer of all time, by some way? And it's not Maiiiii.

i'm guessing that it's between oscar de la hoya and george foreman. both made a good chunk of their money after boxing.

foreman was a spokesperson / partner for the grill and other things, and oscar owns the majority of the shares of GBP promotions.

Comment

These boxers should be pitied at because nobody advised them to secure their future meaning no one cared about them but their money. And if somebody advised them and they these boxers didn't heed them that means their blood flowed mostly in their fists than their brains.

Comment

I get what you mean Led but these guys were blind and pretty irresponsible. I mean I often wonder how it'd feel to live that sort or lifestyle but all I think of while imagining that life is how to save and make the money last and increase it. Im not one for taking it to the grave not one bit but a person must try and be abit more sensible dont you think?

And Anz am sorry bro!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i'm guessing that it's between oscar de la hoya and george foreman. both made a good chunk of their money after boxing.

foreman was a spokesperson / partner for the grill and other things, and oscar owns the majority of the shares of GBP promotions.
          I read it was Foreman by some way... that grill of his made $$$$$$.

When you get ass raped on a daily basis, the men who make you their bitch tattoo their names on your back, calling out "I'm so proud of it, I put my name on it!"

Comment

Most of their parents managed to survive wth less in lifetime earning than these fighters earned in 1 min fighting in the ring, so I think I'll spar my tears when a fighter makes and losses half a billion dollars in less then a decade

Comment

I don't feel an ounce of remorse for a guy like Tyson. That made a LOT of money and blew it all being irresponsible.

I do have a soft spot, for example, for a guy like Ernie Shavers, who when I go to Vegas I routinely see sitting at some sports memorabilia store selling signed gloves/pictures for $30.

The guy is still nice enough, though, that he will let people walk up and take cell phone pictures with him for nothing more than a little conversation.

Comment

[QUOTE=HughJass;14884920]
                Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                Haha I might shop at Waitrose but not quite...

Salmon,not my cuppa tea but i'm partial to some cod now and then but not for breakfast.Whats that green stuff in that cup lol?
                Beans on toast for you, mate.

Comment

its a shame i guess but its their choices that put them in that spot, that said i dont judge people whos position i havent been in myself nor do i kick people when they are down in general.

im not gonna sit around criticizing them, it is what it is. only thing i have a real opinion on is when fighters get ripped off, that i cant stand. holyfield and hearns idk about but king literally robbed tyson of hundreds of millions and he lost plenty due to the media persecution he suffered leading to court settlements as well. still blew plenty on his own, but just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                    These boxers should be pitied at because nobody advised them to secure their future meaning no one cared about them but their money. And if somebody advised them and they these boxers didn't heed them that means their blood flowed mostly in their fists than their brains.
                    Yeah, they wouldn't have listened. Impulsive and egotistical.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
                      Bit of a touchy subject, boxing related but not so much actively.

So what do think of boxers like Tyson, Holyfield, Hearns and more??

Me personally I have no remorse they were paid very handsomely for their fights and squandered it away pretty irresponsibly so two fingers to em.

The amount of cash some of these cats earned you could live a lavish lifestyle just from the interest earned on their money.
                      They should of been more responsible with their money, it's sad to see guys take one fight too many in desperation for cash but at the end of the day they should of lived within their means (which would of still been a great lifestyle).

I do think that most big names will live a decent life off of their names though.

Comment

Working...
                      X