No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Eyes Pacquiao-Matthysse, Khan Not Frontrunner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LittleMacAttack View Post
    I think you're underselling Matthysse a bit. He has far more skill than Rios.
    don't try to debate with a floyd fan. these are the guys that pretended ortiz was a great challenge yet these same people pretend like matthysse is just an average fighter.

Comment

• Catchweight benefits Matthysse more than Manny really.

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
        if arum claims that pac isn't a "real" ww then why not have him just move down entirely to 140???im sure WW foes will squeeze themselves down to 140 for him anyway
        Well if we was to fight a guy moving up from 135 pounds to meet at 140, then he would probably do it. But Matthysse is still at 140 pounds so him gaining a few pounds benefits Matthysse than actually making the fight at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I may be wrong but Lucas is no longer with Haymon right? Or am I mixed up? I'm not entirely sure.

If true, then I think Arum would rather do Matthysse if it means he doesn't have to work with Haymon.

Which he would if it was Khan.
          maybe.

but khan is still most money. haymon's cut comes from khan.

and if top rank is sole promoter, he won't care if khan is with haymon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            maybe.

but khan is still most money. haymon's cut comes from khan.

and if top rank is sole promoter, he won't care if khan is with haymon.
            I'm not sure about that.

Bob seems to resent Haymon.

I think he'd rather work without him even if it meant taking a little less money.

Comment

• Can we bring back the Khan Master Thread?

Khan needs to sack up and get fights signed with any top welterweight at this point. He doesn't need Pacquiao but just someone higher than Algieri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                Catchweight benefits Matthysse more than Manny really.
                Lucas doesnt what it Manny does , I cant believe the crap in here , fck the CWs fight at 140 if you want to fight JWWS , 147 for WWs .

Its not necessary fight after fight .

Comment

• Yes please. **** Khan.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I may be wrong but Lucas is no longer with Haymon right? Or am I mixed up? I'm not entirely sure.

If true, then I think Arum would rather do Matthysse if it means he doesn't have to work with Haymon.

Which he would if it was Khan.
                    Yeah, Lucas left back when the PBC stuff was announced, I think. He's just Golden Boy now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
                      Pacquiao should just move down to 140 and try to win a title there or become the lineal champ, why the catchweight? Pacquiao wasted a long time fighting unranked 147 pounders, catchweights and guys moving up from 140, why not fight at 140 or maybe 142 for a title?

Him fighting Mattysse at 144 for 140 lbs title is not much better than Cotto fighting Canelo at 155 for the 160 title.

Would be a great fight nonetheless, I got Pacquiao by UD.
                      Pac is an ATG at the end of his career. He doesn't give a **** and wouldn't want to put in the effort to try and make 140.. It's stupid to do these catchweights time after time, but at least he's not bringing anyone down.

Still lame, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X