No announcement yet.

Haye didnt flop, wlad is just to skillful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye didnt flop, wlad is just to skillful

Im a "haye hater" as it were, but the guys very good. Good reflexes, head movement etc. He was up against one of the most technically gifted heavyweight ever(and physically gifted).

Even wlads losses(bar corries sandfers which stunned him) he was schooling his opponents.

Its just that wlad is very hard to break down and get near, he has a fantastic defence, speed, and footwork for his size.

Haye is a very good win for wlad, and although i dont like haye as a person, he got schooled not because hes rubbish, but because wlad outboxed him.

it was a very skillful engaging fight imo.

im english and i wanted haye to lose as did most sensible people i know,its only the football fans who cheer for the englishman no matter what who were behind him.everyone else was embarrased by his behaviour.the whole fight wlad basically walked him down with his jab and all haye did was throw a big telegraphed right hand which wlad just stepped back from and resulted in haye stumbling into wlad and falling down.fair play to david and adam booth though,since the fight(other than the toe stuff)ive seen or heard from them on various media outlets and they are taking the defeat gracefully and being humble-if only they'd been like that before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      Im a "haye hater" as it were, but the guys very good. Good reflexes, head movement etc. He was up against one of the most technically gifted heavyweight ever(and physically gifted).

Even wlads losses(bar corries sandfers which stunned him) he was schooling his opponents.

Its just that wlad is very hard to break down and get near, he has a fantastic defence, speed, and footwork for his size.

Haye is a very good win for wlad, and although i dont like haye as a person, he got schooled not because hes rubbish, but because wlad outboxed him.

it was a very skillful engaging fight imo.
      I totally agree people who were expecting world war 3 are gullible, people who expected haye to all of a sudden turn into a come forward pressure fighter are...stupid. He is a speedy powerful, thinking counter puncher. Wlad out-thought him and used his superior technique and physical attributes. Haye actually executed the first part of his game plan well, wlad did not allow him to execute part 2. People who think haye didn't try to win are not only wrong, but also are disrespecting wlad's defensive work.

Comment

What Wlads footwork reminds me of after he gets hit.

Comment

They both fought how they always have done, they both did a good job defensively neither guy landed much throughout the fight. Wlad's jab was the difference between the two even though he was missing a lot he landed enough to win the fight. Neither guy could launch much of an offense Wlad because he couldn’t land many jabs (all his work comes off the jab) and Haye because he was too far out and every time he came lunging in Wlad was able to quickly move back out of range.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
            They both fought how they always have done, they both did a good job defensively neither guy landed much throughout the fight. Wlad's jab was the difference between the two even though he was missing a lot he landed enough to win the fight. Neither guy could launch much of an offense Wlad because he couldn’t land many jabs (all his work comes off the jab) and Haye because he was too far out and every time he came lunging in Wlad was able to quickly move back out of range.

This is a testament to how unskilled todays heavyweights really are. If Haye had the proper fundamentals down he should have been taught how to slip the jab and step inside on the bigger man to get his combinations off. Its said Wlad couldn't land clean because Haye kept moving. It's boxing 101 to go to the body to slow a man down so you can close the gap easier to get your shots off. Either they both didn't know how to do these things or they were to scared and timid of one another to try. Either was it doesn't speak well of either of them in my opinion.

Comment

Wlads only saving grace was that he won, but other than that he flopped. No pizza face for haye and no ko. No body punches from haye....just generally lacking in a lot of things.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

This is a testament to how unskilled todays heavyweights really are. If Haye had the proper fundamentals down he should have been taught how to slip the jab and step inside on the bigger man to get his combinations off. Its said Wlad couldn't land clean because Haye kept moving. It's boxing 101 to go to the body to slow a man down so you can close the gap easier to get your shots off. Either they both didn't know how to do these things or they were to scared and timid of one another to try. Either was it doesn't speak well of either of them in my opinion.
                wlad's got underrated handspeed. he was popping those jabs all night. you can tell haye was underestimating wlad's speed. haye's face shows how effective those piston-like jabs were....

but yeah, i was wondering why wlad didnt go to the body. i guess he didnt want to leave any openings.

Comment

They both shouted "KO" in every interview for months.

Yet neither showed they wanted a KO.

If this was the best HW division has to offer, its truly embarrassing for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

STFU! seriously. "Haye shoul've been taught" ? It's not a video game it's a fight. Haye tried and came up short. Wrong gameplan.

Comment

Working...
                    X