No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Ray Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth is when growing up,the misconception was that Ray Leonard would
    RUN in his fights,and was afraid to fight.But that all changed when he fought
    Hearns.He went right after the big puncher and proved he could do it all.
    The truth is Leonard was always cool under tremendous pressure and
    always out smarted his opponents.One could easily make a case for top 5
    PFP all time...But I would put him between top 10-15 PFP.

Comment

Top 25 ATG. Top 10 Welterweight.

Comment

The greatest.......

He is the greatest fighter of all-time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Top fifteen Welterweight.

Stop being a dolt, Ray.

Comment

Incredible hand speed.....very tough and cagey, i.e. well schooled. Its often assumed that great hand speed automatically translates, but for every Ray Robinson or Jones is a Zab Judah.

Ray could also bring it. The reason why Ray is one of the best (top 15 to twenty imo) is if he had a weakness you had to get through a whole 3rd division to crack it... If Ray didn't have it all then he was damn close. Perhaps the one knock on him from me would be his need to play it safe at times. But then again compared to Money Ray was a swashbuckling pirate.

Comment

I'm hugely biased

Ray is top 5 atg to me,, I have him at 4 behind Srr, Ali, Armstrong

He doesn't have longevity but his wins are some of the best ever
              Prime undefeated world champ benetiz
              Prime undefeated world champ hearns
              Duran
              Hagler for the mw title, Ray was the huge underdog

I think at his peak, Leonard had the one trait that truly makes great fighters, his will to win.. Either by slugging it out, or getting on his bike, he would do whatever it took to win. Had a champions heart

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I'm hugely biased

Ray is top 5 atg to me,, I have him at 4 behind Srr, Ali, Armstrong

He doesn't have longevity but his wins are some of the best ever
                Prime undefeated world champ benetiz
                Prime undefeated world champ hearns
                Duran
                Hagler for the mw title, Ray was the huge underdog

I think at his peak, Leonard had the one trait that truly makes great fighters, his will to win.. Either by slugging it out, or getting on his bike, he would do whatever it took to win. Had a champions heart
                It is alright to be biased it is human nature but there is no way he rates over Duran, Benny Leonard and Greb p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  It is alright to be biased it is human nature but there is no way he rates over Duran, Benny Leonard and Greb p4p.
                  Totally disagree, greb and Duran I can understand, especially greb, but Ray is better than Benny.. Benny is no slouch and I usually rate him around 12. But Ray has better wins, Benitez, Duran, hearns, hagler, it's nearly impossible to top that

Ray's only prime loss was to Duran, and srl fought a war instead of boxing and almost pulled it off. Now when Ray decided to box, he boxed Durans ears off.. There would have never been a rematch had Ray fought that way the first time..

Ray beat a wide variety of styles and truely great fighters, he even dethroned the undefeated prime jr mid champ kalule that rarely gets mentioned..

Comment

people tend to forget Duran in the first fight landed from the outside and hurt Ray badly this as much as anything forced him to fight on the inside. People do duran a disservice and label him a one dimensional fighter without considering the quickness he brought to the table on both offense and defense in his prime years and while properly conditioned. As for benny leonard you may have a point but many rate his lightweight opposition as being of the highest quality.

Comment

Head to head at 147, it's only the real sugar ray that has a good chance to beat him. Leonard is one of the best ever examples of a guy who could box and brawl to such a high level.

Comment

Working...
                      X