No announcement yet.

Time between amateur bouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time between amateur bouts

What's The ideal amount of time between amatuer bouts? Obviously not too soon as you want to be able to recover and get back into training but too long out of the ring and you'll get rusty. Sho many weeks should you have between bouts? Also how many bouts should you have a season (September until may) ?

From personal experience once every 4 weeks is ample.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      From personal experience once every 4 weeks is ample.
      in portugal there are months where every friday there's a boxing night

Comment

In the Am's you should always be ready for competition, and should never go over 5lbs of your fight weight, you're allowed to fight once a week, more if it's a tournament (no less than 24hrs apart I believe).

This isn't the pro's where you plan some "time to relax" and get back in to training, staying as active as possible and learning from each sparring session and competition is key to being successful in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
          In the Am's you should always be ready for competition, and should never go over 5lbs of your fight weight, you're allowed to fight once a week, more if it's a tournament (no less than 24hrs apart I believe).

This isn't the pro's where you plan some "time to relax" and get back in to training, staying as active as possible and learning from each sparring session and competition is key to being successful in boxing.
          true, you should also mention why in pro's you need that time to relax

Comment

i had 7 this season but none yet in 2011, i will mostlikley box atleast twice probally more times before end of season tho, it is quite hard to get matched on club shows from my experience ,most of my bouts have all been in competitions. I agree tho that the best way in the amatures is to stay busy, one every 4 weeks would be ideal i think.

Comment

right now i fighitn once a week or once every 2 weeks.. I fought last week. Have a fight tommrorow and a fight next week as well.. Also I have fought in a torunament where I fought 4 days in a row.. Once u hit the open class you should fight at every show fight u can possibly enter.. Thats how you become the golden gloves champ and regional champ

Comment

Originally posted by JoHnNyBoXeR View Post
                right now i fighitn once a week or once every 2 weeks.. I fought last week. Have a fight tommrorow and a fight next week as well.. Also I have fought in a torunament where I fought 4 days in a row.. Once u hit the open class you should fight at every show fight u can possibly enter.. Thats how you become the golden gloves champ and regional champ
                Agree open class is a whole differant ballgame. Win-Loss means bogus, its all about the learning and winning the right fights.

Comment

Assuming no injuries from fights, I could go every two weeks no problem.

Fighting on back to back weeks, I don't like to do more than once. I get too worn out, and you don't have much time to prepare or improve between fights becasue between recovery days after the one fight and rest days before the next one you only have one or two real training days. I fought three weeks in a row once and looked real sloppy in the third.

Fighting every two weeks you can take a couple days off to let your body recover, then have a solid week+ of hard training before tapering off the last couple days before the next fight. So you're getting the rest your body needs but still have time to train hard and get better.

Comment

Working...
                  X