No announcement yet.

Exercise every day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
    Cardio is cool to do pretty much daily. I'm not sure about HIIT, but could go for a run if you are feeling restless on an off day. Restless or not, I would take at least one day off a week even from cardio.

I think it is good to push yourself to know your limits, but if you don't give yourself enough recovery time and eat healthy, you will run into problems.

i will disagree with this in certain contexts. not all cardio is created equally. some of it is super high impact / repetitive. you can break down from motions like that.

i know i'd get shin splints if i ran several miles a day on pavement. i used to get them when i was 14 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i will disagree with this in certain contexts. not all cardio is created equally. some of it is super high impact / repetitive. you can break down from motions like that.

i know i'd get shin splints if i ran several miles a day on pavement. i used to get them when i was 14 years old.
      I didn't add that nuance but I agree. I used to run on pavement every day for years. Good conditioning but it does beat your joints up. I focus on low impact cardio now.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you can get overtrained. bones develop tiny little fractures that you can't see. muscles develop tiny little tears. same with soft / connective tissues. if you rest, and eat right, these become repaired and come back stronger!

if you don't rest, these can eventually lead to a plateau in performance, or even injury. inadequate rest can also mess with your testosterone production, which takes place in your nuts, and primarily while you sleep.

most people don't work out hard enough to get genuinely overtrained. working out a bit each day is a hell of a lot better than being sedentary.

if you feel liek you're breaking down, take a break. if you are young, and you don't feel like crap yet, you probably aren't overtrained.
        What do you recommend I do on the days I don't do HIIT or weightlifting?

Comment

If you feel good, do it, otherwise give yourself some rest, eat and sleep well.

Comment

I've been running a couple miles a day in the gym for the last few weeks and my legs are KILLING me. I thought my legs would be fine after the 4th week but nope, I think i'm gonna have to switch to every other day running.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              I started exercising because I was overweight, but last summer, when I had trouble sleeping, I did it to sleep better.

I'm worried I'll have trouble sleeping on a day I don't exercise.
              On your day off, just get some p*ssy bro. Or ass or c0ck or whatever gets you off.

And you should have posted this thread in the Training & Nutrition section. Most of us in the lounge are fat chronic masturbators who haven't worked out since high school gym class, but we're all experts in functional strength somehow and think weight lifting is a waste of time.

Comment

if you are a beginner and start working out every day you are gonna get injured

Comment

Give yourself a day off every week to allow your body to recover and avoid angering the LORD.

Ha, no really, as you exercise you get weaker because you damage the tissue. Recovery is what makes you stronger so give it time to let it happen. And if you're exercising particularly intensely then once every four weeks or so have a recovery week.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                    What else?
                    If you workout hard every day you will not give your muscles time to rebuild, to grow stronger with more endurance. Your body just needs a day, or two, to build back up. On your rest days just go for a walk or something, just to keep your body active. And remember, "No dice Bobby........".......
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 07-23-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Give yourself a day off every week to allow your body to recover and avoid angering the LORD.

Ha, no really, as you exercise you get weaker because you damage the tissue. Recovery is what makes you stronger so give it time to let it happen. And if you're exercising particularly intensely then once every four weeks or so have a recovery week.

A full week off? Your body/muscles will begin to deteriorate after only 2 days off.

I do not recommend a full week off unless you injure yourself and really need that much time off.

Stick to the topics that you know Piggy, so that you can be the condescending prick that you enjoy being to every one. Leave the physical aspects of the sport to the men who know wtf they are talking about.
                      Last edited by Rockin'; 07-23-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X