Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella Defends Wilder-Arreola "PBC On FOX" As a Ratings Success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    You have to look at it this way. It came in last against it's competition in the time slots. And then look at what was on at that time. Garbage TV, that's what. Yet more people watched the garbage shows.

That's why it's a failure.

If you have sports on, it should top reruns and dumb reality shows. PBC didn't this time.

And how can you compare these numbers to PPV numbers or HBO numbers? Those fights have limited access. This is free TV for Christ's Sake! It's supposed to top those numbers every damn time! That's not an accomplishment.
    This is exactly how the fight should be analyzed. The telecast couldn't beat out repeats and an extreme sports telecast.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-july-16-2016/

Other boxing telecasts that don't include Thurman-Porter did better numbers. This is supposedly a heavyweight champ that's an American....and he still can't get a good audience to watch. Mismatch or no mismatch.

Comment

Heavyweights

Wilder vs arreola was a great heavyweight fight & If anyone didnt watch im sure they were upset that they missed it!!!👊👊👊

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
        This is exactly how the fight should be analyzed. The telecast couldn't beat out repeats and an extreme sports telecast.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-july-16-2016/

Other boxing telecasts that don't include Thurman-Porter did better numbers. This is supposedly a heavyweight champ that's an American....and he still can't get a good audience to watch. Mismatch or no mismatch.

Or you can look at it that with 2.5 m viewing and avg of 1.5+ that it does better then MLB on fox, Wimbleton, Euro 2016, MLS or PGA golf all legit big time sporting events.

Only a handful of fights this year have beaten those ratings

Boxing is a niche sport , You could take any fight that's on TV and show something that would smash it in rating. Kov did 300k there's probably infomercials on that time that pulled in higher rating. But it was a delay on a Mondy so at least the few that saw it , saw a better fight then what was expected and on HBo and didn't have to find it on a Russian stream on YouTube or something

Regardless it's still another top 4- 8 rating this year for boxing and PBC and Wilder

I don't know if Wilder will cross over or show that he's the man at HW but the last 2 years if you look up most watched boxing telecasts ,he's in there a couple times in the top 10 and he hasn't even really stepped up yet. how can you hate on that.

Comment

Do numbers really matter? Truth is everyone made money off this fight. Who cares if the numbers were great or were not. I'd rather enjoys a fight no one else watches than watch a fight that does great ratings but is not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            Or you can look at it that with 2.5 m viewing and avg of 1.5+ that it does better then MLB on fox, Wimbleton, Euro 2016, MLS or PGA golf all legit big time sporting events.

Only a handful of fights this year have beaten those ratings

Boxing is a niche sport , You could take any fight that's on TV and show something that would smash it in rating. Kov did 300k there's probably infomercials on that time that pulled in higher rating. But it was a delay on a Mondy so at least the few that saw it , saw a better fight then what was expected and on HBo and didn't have to find it on a Russian stream on YouTube or something

Regardless it's still another top 4- 8 rating this year for boxing and PBC and Wilder

I don't know if Wilder will cross over or show that he's the man at HW but the last 2 years if you look up most watched boxing telecasts ,he's in there a couple times in the top 10 and he hasn't even really stepped up yet. how can you hate on that.
            This pretty much sums it up. At the end of the day though who really cares except people looking to degrade a top fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
              Most people who watch boxing now days have no idea because they really don't watch boxing. I guarantee you most people that watch Wilder fights think that's a champion against his top contender but really Wilder is fighting the bottom of the barrel. The fight was so horrible that I couldn't watch more than 2 rounds of it.
              Yeah, pretty much like watching Vits fight a Charr, Chisora, Sosnowski or Briggs. Absolutely no precedence for Wilder is there?

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to accept my challenge and show where I've called Wilder the best heavyweight.

Comment

2.54 million viewers is really good, but where is he getting those numbers from? I see no source

Comment

why is dibella even speaking? he just a damn proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Yeah, pretty much like watching Vits fight a Charr, Chisora, Sosnowski or Briggs. Absolutely no precedence for Wilder is there?

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to accept my challenge and show where I've called Wilder the best heavyweight.
                    You're right. I believe you called Wilder the greatest champion ever :rofl

Comment

It wasnt a success for boxing. People who turned the TV on got to sit through a fat man getting beat up for a few rounds. Will hesitate to switch on next time the boxings on

Comment

Working...
                      X