Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the stairs instead of the elevator is extremely beneficial for your legs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the stairs instead of the elevator is extremely beneficial for your legs

OK I know this is an odd out of nowhere thread but I thought Id share anyway.

So my whole life I had very big legs, I used to play soccer every day religiously up until I was about 13......than my family moved into an apartment that was on the 3rd floor of a 3 story building that didn't have an elevator...Anyway...

On July of this year I moved out into a 9 story building, I live on the 6th floor and this was the first time I started taking the elevator...

Anyway I noticed my thighs getting skinny, made no sense to me as everywhere else I'm getting bigger but my thighs are loosing weight like no tomorrow.

I mean my thighs are nowhere near the size they used to be...

So a couple of days ago I figured that it must have been the elevator...

I would never think that climbing 3 flights of stairs two or three times a day can work your legs that much...

SO there you go, dont take the elevator...
    Last edited by Banderivets; 11-25-2010, 12:58 PM.

i hear you!

the neighbourhood where i live is basically in the bottom of a valley. since living here (about three years) i am up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down thehe hill. i haven't lost weight but the fat in my thighs has shifted and now my legs are long and lean as opposed to squat and muscular/fatty.

basically walking, run, climbing instead of the easy stuff ie. escalators, elevators, buses etc will definitely make huge gains over time and you won't even notice that you are working.

Comment

i knew a guy who ran up and down stairs with a backpack full of bricks when he was trying to get lean. ended up tripping and loosing 2 teeth. walking is much safer.

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
        i knew a guy who ran up and down stairs with a backpack full of bricks when he was trying to get lean. ended up tripping and loosing 2 teeth. walking is much safer.
        oooh damn! you're right. lol

Comment

It's the small and simple things in life which, help the most

Comment

Working...
          X