No announcement yet.

Carl Froch needs to step up and give George Groves a third fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch needs to step up and give George Groves a third fight

I do give him credit for taking such a big risk twice, that was impressive as this was his toughest opponent since Ward in 2011.

But there is still unfinished business between these two men, just because Groves didn't officially make it 1-1 it doesn't mean the rivalry is over, considering that the first fight was a joke climax which would have been won by Groves had the ref not stopped it. Vazquez lead Marquez 2-1 but still give him a 4th fight, some people still want to see a 5th Pacquiao vs Marquez fight despite Pacquiao being KTFO like Groves.

If you look at the two fights between Froch and Groves, they had fought a total of 17 rounds, ask yourself how many of those rounds did Carl Froch win? maybe 2-3 in the first fight and 3-4 in the second so a maximum of 7 rounds out of 17. Hardly establishes the better fighter, the first fight Groves dominated until the referee decided to stop the fight too early and then in the second fight it was very competitive until Froch landed a lucky shot, Froch said himself there 'was nothing in the fight' until the stoppage. He knows he was in for a tough night and Groves was starting to take over. One judge had Groves winning by 3 points, it was close though, down to interpretation.

But anyway the hatred is still there, the rivalry and the public imagination. You only have to look at how well the rematch did to know it's good for boxing and that's important. Froch clearly isn't motivated to fight Degale because there is no animosity, but the thought of Groves makes Froch wince. He is still mentally scarred by that 12 months of psychological hell and isn't completely satisfied by the ending of the fight. He would have wanted to stop Groves by throwing a bunch of shots to punish him until the referee stopped it (not prematurely like last time) but he couldn't do that because of the lucky shots which let him off the hook in a close fight.

A third fight is in order, in reality the series is 1-1.

what??? oh... you...another alt of the egyptian dude who hates certain kind of fighters and loves other kind

Comment

"sir babatunde"

Comment

Lol I stopped reading toughest opponent since 2011, you must have missed bute and kessler

Comment

Both fights ended in (t)kos. No thank you.

Comment

Groves was about to get flattened in the first fight, I don't get how people don't see that. He was badly hurt.

Comment

It will always come down to a battle of chins with these two, Frochs freakishly solid one closes the show every time. It might never pretty but he gets the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                "sir babatunde"

I prefer Ambassador Henry Mwabwetumba.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  what??? oh... you...another alt of the egyptian dude who hates certain kind of fighters and loves other kind
                  Your so insecure about your own favourtism to certain fighters you keep accusing me of being this egyptian dude, no one else has said this.

Apparently i favour black fighters, like George Groves and Danny Garcia lol go away unless you want to actually discuss the topic please.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Lol I stopped reading toughest opponent since 2011, you must have missed bute and kessler
                    Bute was one of the biggest hypejobs in recent times who was hiding abroad until he got exposed by Froch, good win for Froch when his career was on the line but not a better opponent than Groves.

Kessler was a truly great fighter but was washed up in the second fight with Froch, even in the first fight he was slightly past it and still beat him in a close fight. Kessler in his prime was greater than Groves obviously but not the 2013 one. Groves softened him up for Froch actually.

Comment

Working...
                    X