No announcement yet.

HBO just slayed Adonis Stevenson!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
    Yes. They all dismissed him like he was nothing LOL.

Fckin LOL @ superpimp and his pimp buddies bumrushing the ring.

There were more Gators in that ring last night than in Florida!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Idek if all that matters, except to you & probably some others on a personal level. Viral moments are viral moments. And maybe if the public interest got strong enough the fight could happen who knows.

The thing to me with this fight was no one gave enough f#cks to make this fight happen to start with. HBO, the fans, Duva, Haymon/GYM, no one wanted the fight THAT much to take the proper measures to insure it did happen. If anything some random viral moment can only have a positive effect on getting all parties on board with making this fight if the interest grew.

I've been saying from the start it seems unlikely for June doe. I think its a bad move for HBO to risk Kov's undefeated record vs a non-HBO guy when they got another undefeated HBO guy lined up for the 2nd half of the year. If Stevenson vs Kovalev happens it won't be til 2017. I think its reasonable to think that HBO sees more value in two undefeated HBO P4P contenders fighting each other than anything else on the table for either guy.
      Only issue with that is that, in almost deja vu of the Kovalev-Stevenson intial scenario, HBO is facing a situation where, if Andre Ward delivers how folks expect, Kovalev gets knocked off, Ward owes no other fights to HBO, and all of the possible meaningful matchups for Ward are outside of HBO (I don't think the Haymon/Jay Z beef is so deep that an understanding can't be reach with a sitdown, especially now with Roc Nation Sports having already established itself under its own efforts).

Just like seeing Gamboa-JuanMa spoil on the vine, HBO is likely see this fight spoil as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Boxing fans are such puss*es these days and actually support that kind of shyt. Instead of hoping HBO would try to push this fight closer to happening they celebrate a dismissal of a potential fight.
        spot on.............now we have network fans

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Only issue with that is that, in almost deja vu of the Kovalev-Stevenson intial scenario, HBO is facing a situation where, if Andre Ward delivers how folks expect, Kovalev gets knocked off, Ward owes no other fights to HBO, and all of the possible meaningful matchups for Ward are outside of HBO (I don't think the Haymon/Jay Z beef is so deep that an understanding can't be reach with a sitdown, especially now with Roc Nation Sports having already established itself under its own efforts).

Just like seeing Gamboa-JuanMa spoil on the vine, HBO is likely see this fight spoil as well.
          Eh, things can change on a dime in boxing so I don't think you can plan too far in the future. If Ward beats Kov & leaves, he leaves. Thats a standard risk for a network. I suspect they would try to resign one or both prior to that fight anyway to protect their interest in the winner, but its a typical risk they deal with.

And this fight has never seemed that ripe to begin with. I mean don't get me wrong I & I think most feel its a fun, competitive fight vs the top 2 guys in the division, but again the biggest thing that stands out with this fight to me is no one is THAT invested in it so its like the big funny looking apple in the produce section that was never gonna purchased at its maximum ripeness or be the tastiest apple whenever it does get purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Hopkins was apparently looking for 70/30 on the money, Pascal wanted beyond 50/50 for a fight that he was only mandated to get 25/75, and Kovalev and his camp walked away from a 50/50 split of the take, for fear of offending "the almighty HBO".

gtfoh
            fact remains they all fought each other and the odd man out is Stevenson. It's clear who the problem is. spare me all your made up numbers. You're not an insider. FOH phaggot.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              fact remains they all fought each other and the odd man out is Stevenson. It's clear who the problem is. spare me all your made up numbers. You're not an insider. FOH phaggot.
              The information was all over this site, and other sites, during the build up to each showdown; only difference is that Kathy Duva was so desperate for the opportunity that she would've had Kovalev fight for free.

Main Events gave Hopkins 75/25 to fight Kovalev, gave Pascal 45/55 for a voluntary title defense, and Main Events ran for the hills once it started to look like Haymon was going to pay her fighter significantly more than said fighter was going to get from HBO.

When faced with a simple stating of the facts, yet without a single actual retort to make, simple minded people resorted to trying to slur people; only mistake is that the choice of slur seems to always point to some shiestiness going on in the life of the person trying to make the slur. lol

Comment

Working...
              X