Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you consider to be the better fighter Juan Manuel Marquez or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao is a pretty skilled fighter. Not sure why people believe he isn't. Not to many people out there right now that would beat him. Floyd, maybe Martinez and JMM are the only ones that could. Not sure if there is anyone else that would be able to. Now I guess one can say that has more to do with the lack of talent pool that we have right now to the sport. And, I won't disagree. But, Pac is more skilled than given credit for by most of his detractors. Not as good however as most of his followers believed he was.

And, to answer the question, I would take JMM skills and technicality over Pac skills. I would take Pac talent over JMM talent. And, JMM wasn't robbed in the Chris John fight, it was a close fight that JMM could have gotten a decision sure. But, not a robbery.

Comment

Marquez is the better fighter but Pac is the greater fighter.

Comment

Pacquiao is the better fighter

Comment

JMM is simply more technical of the 2

Comment

even. i dont see how anyone claims pac is the better fighter. they are even to me. pac is the greater fighter sure. but not the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              ......when Roy's chin and natural reflexes went, what happened?
              We know what James Toney can do even well past his prime.

because he's the better technically sound boxer
              does that make him the better fighter?! just means he had better longevity. hell, Jones fell off at age 35 which is well past a lot of guys primes and a lot guys retire before then. hagler for example retired at what, age, 33? and people say leonard beat an old hagler.

being more technology sound doesn't always equal being the better fighter. Aaron Pryor wasn't nearly as technically sound as most of the guys he fought yet he beat damn near all of them.

Comment

They're about even. You're a hater of one or the other if you pick one. Why do you think their fights could have gone either way? I give a slight edge to Pac, though.

What Marquez lacks is power.

Comment

in terms of talent?
                  by style, they're both great at what they do
                  Marquez is clearly a better skilled boxer
                  Pac is a stronger attacker
                  in terms of career rating? Pac is better
                  Pac won his biggest fights
                  JMM's biggest "wins" are losses to Pac and a shady Barrera decision

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    in terms of talent?
                    by style, they're both great at what they do
                    Marquez is clearly a better skilled boxer
                    Pac is a stronger attacker
                    in terms of career rating? Pac is better
                    Pac won his biggest fights
                    JMM's biggest "wins" are losses to Pac and a shady Barrera decision
                    What he said!

Comment

If you pit them against the same opponents, I would probably side with Pacquiao more than JMM. But between the two of them, JMM is just all wrong for Pacquiao stylistically.

To answer the question, I say Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X