Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do You Feel Castilio Managed To Give Floyd So Much Trouble?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
    You full of ****,Diego excuse was not that he was weight drained,his excuse was that he was distracted from his domestic violence case which is bull**** cause Corrales fought Mayweather the same way he fought virtually all his fights.

The weight drain excuse came from other people.

And Floyd at 130 was a big puncher,he stopped Jesus Chavez Hernandez,Manfreddy Justin,Juuko and many others.
    I mentioned the jail thingy already if you read .... but he was definitely weight drained and had the flu the week of the fight.

Funny that when Manny vs Morales gets mentioned, Morales being weight drained is always mentioned by you Floyd fans but you guys are so sensitive by the mere mention that Diego was weight drained! lol!

Comment

An Injured Mayweather was still able to win the first 5 out of 6 rounds against Castillo the first time, and Castillo wasn't able to win every round after that. I had Mayweather winning by 1 point.

What haters and nuthuggers love to overlook and dismiss is how a healthy Mayweather was able to school Castillo in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Castillo was one of the last fighters I can remember that knew how to cut off a ring and pressure effectively. He was also the only fighter I can think of that adjusted to Floyd, rather than the other way around.
        This. Castillo is one of the last 'pressure/inside' fighters who knew how to do it well. Rather than just wade in, like Hatton etc, he waited on Floyd, countered, then moved in. That's probably the biggest thing about that first fight. The best inside fighters are great counter punchers usually, and Castillo, rather than spend energy trying to get in and playing Floyd's game waited and countered Floyd to get in. Classic tactic.

Torn rotator cuff had very little, if anything at all, to do with the 'win'.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Castillo was one of the last few guys who properly knew how to swarm.

I also had him winning 3 or 4 rounds against Floyd in the rematch, which is as good as it gets for a Floyd opponent.
          bingo!!!!

why u in teh red brah??????

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
            An Injured Mayweather was still able to win the first 5 out of 6 rounds against Castillo the first time, and Castillo wasn't able to win every round after that. I had Mayweather winning by 1 point.

What haters and nuthuggers love to overlook and dismiss is how a healthy Mayweather was able to school Castillo in the rematch.
            See, now what is your definition of schooling? Mayweather won clearly, but he didn't dominate. The fight went much the same as the first one, with Mayweather taking the early rounds and Castillo taking the middle rounds. It was a close fight, a round or two Mayweather's way, going into the championship rounds, where Floyd took full control and won the fight. That's a lot the same as the first fight, except Castillo had control in the championship rounds in the first fight instead of Mayweather.

Comment

I think it was a few things.

Mayweather being young and a lack of experiecne at that time as opposed to Castillo who had been fighting since a very young age in Mexico and things like that.

Mayweather first experience at a higher weight class and being at a big disadvantage in weight.

And mainly because Castillo was a very good fighter. Very good heart, chin, strength and skills.

Comment

just looked like a bad day for floyd and a great day for castilio, i don't think any boxing fan can claim floyd won that fight, it was clear to the press row, fans watching and the people commentating that castilio won that fight

regardless of that, I am glad floyd got the nod in the end because he was clearly better as he showed in the 2nd fight

Comment

Working...
                X