Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do You Feel Castilio Managed To Give Floyd So Much Trouble?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do You Feel Castilio Managed To Give Floyd So Much Trouble?

Floyd is a ATG with ATG skills. But yet why do you feel someone like Castilio a very good fighter but not a great who proably wont make it into the IBHOF was able to give Floyd so many problems and most feel beat him in there 1st fight?

Castilio was a strong come foward fighter with good movement, but yet I would of still expected Floyd to handle him alot easier.

I know people are gonna say styles, yet Floyd has always handled pressure fighters with ease etc Hatton, Gatti, Chavez, Baldomir.

Castilio was able to alot of clean eye catching shots, bully him alot and do alot of good work on the inside.

Great Timing and Floyd was still growing as a fighter.

The torn rotator cuff didn't help.

Oh and Castillo was a beast at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
      Floyd is a ATG with ATG skills. But yet why do you feel someone like Castilio a very good fighter but not a great who proably wont make it into the IBHOF was able to give Floyd so many problems and most feel beat him in there 1st fight?

Castilio was a strong come foward fighter with good movement, but yet I would of still expected Floyd to handle him alot easier.

I know people are gonna say styles, yet Floyd has always handled pressure fighters with ease etc Hatton, Gatti, Chavez, Baldomir.

Castilio was able to alot of clean eye catching shots, bully him alot and do alot of good work on the inside.

Castillo was one of the last few guys who properly knew how to swarm.

I also had him winning 3 or 4 rounds against Floyd in the rematch, which is as good as it gets for a Floyd opponent.

Comment

Torn rotater and Mayweather just moved up in weight. Castillo fought a great fight though.

Comment

It was Floyd's first fight @ 135, against a pretty decent size light weight, it was Castillo strength & size that caused Floyd problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Great Timing and Floyd was still growing as a fighter.

The torn rotator cuff didn't help.

Oh and Castillo was a beast at 135.
            This^^^^

End thread/

Comment

torn rotator cuff. thats why the performance is somewhat misleading............

a healthy floyd in the rematch boxed castilios socks off............

Comment

Castillo was one of the last fighters I can remember that knew how to cut off a ring and pressure effectively. He was also the only fighter I can think of that adjusted to Floyd, rather than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                  torn rotator cuff thats why the performance is somewhat misleading............

a healthy floyd in the rematch boxed castilios socks off............
                  I hate the shoulder excuse, because the rematch went much the same way. The only difference was Floyd took control in the championship rounds rather than lose them like I thought he did in the first fight. It was a very close fight going into the 10th.

Comment

I think those fights, the Hatton fight, and Oscar was more on Floyd. I think he just wasnt fully commited as a fighter at that time, mentally. He didnt ever want to fully mix it up. some fights he would and others he wouldnt. He was also smaller & could get pushed around. I think Mosley & maybe Ortiz wouldve given Floyd hell if he should up with a srtictly defensive, pot shotting, running mentality.

Just like the Baldy fight. He won every round but he couldve fought a ton better if he wanted to. He just doesnt always fight like he can, and when he doesnt then he can leave guys in fights. Even in the JLC fights, whenever he opened up he would clearly outskill him but then he would quickly go back into a shell. If you saw that Oscar fight, he couldve easily dominated if he tried to open up more but he didnt.

He won every round against Sosa but shouldve easily stopped him. Then in the post fight interview he talked about how he was a defensive fighter but you could tell it was more of an embarrassment to him. I think that Floyd is gone though. He's mastered the game now but unfortunatly he doesnt have his prime stuff. He was awesome when he put it all together

Comment

Working...
                    X