No announcement yet.

I hired a personal trainer so....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 11wordisbond View Post
    Don't let anybody tell you 24 is too late ma. Stick to your vision and you'll get there.
    Thanks so much!

Originally posted by Mares Jr. View Post
    first of all... we nid to see ur ****... or gtfo.
    wtf is nid? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nid ...idiot,.. Sorry but people like you , with your sexist attitude make it hard for women to be taken seriously in sports... go to H.E.L.L.......
    Last edited by TheRealAshland; 10-04-2010, 11:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I'm telling you out of experience. Do NOT train out of an MMA gym if you are only looking to box. Save the embarrassment. Here, in Minnesota, MMA is a huge sport and there are many quality gyms. Many of them offer their version of "boxing", but in reality, 90% of the time it isn't effective in the amateurs. I trained out of three MMA gyms for boxing because they were the closest gyms I could find. Ended up being the biggest waste of time. And all three of them had ex-pro boxers as trainers. Don't let personal credentials blind you from pure training. Having a few names on your resume doesn't often translate into being a good trainer. One of the trainers I had had fought Micky Ward and Tony Martin back in the day. Worst trainer I've had. Another one had a pretty good amateur record of 70 some wins and 15 losses. He was equally as bad.

Sorry I'm probably taking this way too serious, plus it's not even the topic, but what I experienced though MMA gyms and boxing is something nobody should waste their time with if you're first starting off. They're training regimens are much different. But if you're trying to box and not do MMA, go to a pure boxing gym. Often times they are much cheaper and offer better training. There are also some pretty ****ing great gyms in the Atlanta area anyway.
      Last edited by BG_Knocc_Out; 10-04-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

i went to an mma gym for boxing. the gym was 75$ a month for a 1 hour boxing class 3 times a week or 100$ and i could go to any class i wanted to as they were a mma gym and did alot more then boxing.

well i didnt want to do mma so i only did the boxing class. as it turns out the boxing class wasnt even a boxing class it was more so a warm up class for the mma students that paid to take any class.

the 1 hour class that i paid to go to and learn boxing consisted of 20 mins of jumping rope a round shadow boxing then 30 mins of jump squats push ups and sit ups then 2 rounds on the bag.

most the time the coach didnt even show up till half the class was over.

this was the single most irrating annoying money wasteing stress induceing activity i have ever taken part in.

in july i joined an actual boxing gym 30$ a month a million times better then the mma gym. theres a few fat out of shape guys they started me off with sparring and their better then the best (soley in boxing) at the mma gym.

I would never reccomend an mma gym to any one that wants to get good at boxing.

Comment

@Ruby and @BG, I fully hear what you guys are saying. I was at Praxis MMA in Griffin,the longer I was there, the more I realized that these guys didn't know what they were doing. They had students teaching classes after a few months of being there. And by no means were they experts. Now they have a karate teacher who bought them out, teaching it and he had no prior MMA/Boxing/BJJ training.

I am somewhere else now, they seem a lot better. They have a seperate Muay Thai teacher, Boxing teacher, Bjj teacher, like the Bjj teacher will never teach a boxing class or vise versa. My thing is I live all the way in griffin, I am looking at an hour trip one way to go to a decent boxing school. I am going to try this new place for a few months, and if need be I am going to be taking the the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAshland View Post
            wtf is nid? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nid ...idiot,.. Sorry but people like you , with your sexist attitude make it hard for women to be taken seriously in sports... go to H.E.L.L.......
            ok, im sorry my luv..

Comment

@Ruby and @BG, I fully hear what you guys are saying. I was at Praxis MMA in Griffin,the longer I was there, the more I realized that these guys didn't know what they were doing. They had students teaching classes after a few months of being there. And by no means were they experts. Now they have a karate teacher who bought them out, teaching it and he had no prior MMA/Boxing/BJJ training.

I am somewhere else now, they seem a lot better. They have a seperate Muay Thai teacher, Boxing teacher, Bjj teacher, like the Bjj teacher will never teach a boxing class or vise versa. My thing is I live all the way in griffin, I am looking at an hour trip one way to go to a decent boxing school. I am going to try this new place for a few months, and if need be I am going to be taking the the trip.
              sucks.

I work night shifts so i have to find a gym thats close and open during hours that are sutiable for me.

The only gym i could go to was an mma gym so i joined, it was a contract gym so after joined i was stuck there for a year. after about 3 months i stoped going and just delt with having to pay 75$ a month reguardless.

i currently have changed around my entire sleep schedule and now drive an hour both ways so that i can go to an actual boxing gym.

just be sure to check out the mma gym and make sure its a decent gym before you sign your life away.

Comment

**** or GTFO

Comment

BTW, I am female 24 live in Atlanta.
                  but really whats the point of this? were you expecting diffrent exercises because you were female? or you need to train diffrent things?

but really if you **** are too big then you might have problems and its probly best just to post em so we can let you know if they're to big.

but really for real this time any person that belongs to this site and just happens to mention they are female for no point what so ever probly isnt female.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                    **** or GTFO
                    **** or GTFO

Comment

A lot of real world, not internet experts agree it takes 5 yrs to develop a fighter, I'm just keeping it real. However, that doesn't mean you are an average athlete, you could be better for all I know. Good luck. Nice to know you believe in yourself, I hope you don't change your mind once you start competeing. Keep us updated with your progress.
                      Last edited by Del Coqui; 10-05-2010, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X