Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dominic Wade just as good as Sulivan Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop trying to defend GGG next fight he doesn't need it , its a IBF mandatory .. What you want GGG to just give up his belt?

Comment

Lol, hell no.

Golovkin/Wade will be an easy KO victory for GGG.

Ward is moving up in weight and fighting a real Light Heavyweight which is a first for him. That plus the inactivity could spell disaster for Ward.

Comment

Yeah, like 100 more amateur fights is not that much of a difference imo.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          true but barrera was pretty impressive vs murat whos durable
          That was the worst stoppage of the year tho.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            true but barrera was pretty impressive vs murat whos durable
            Correct. I also liked his hard combination punching just before the stoppage. Barrera is the better, more exciting fighter; the other is less skilled, amateurish and unwatchable, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Both stand no chance and should get KO'd unless Ward isn't Ward, which is likely he'll still show up with room for improvement which makes it a more interesting bout. That said Barrera is a bit better than Wade too.
              You think Ward will KO Barrera?
              When did Andre Ward become this big puncher? Always see people talking like Ward is a KO puncher lol.

Comment

They are both equally good and worthy opponents. Wade is 25 and Barrera is 33. I think anyone who complains about the either Ward or GGG fighting these two undefeated and highly rated boxers is being unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                  their amatur records are both pretty good.

Dominic Wade:

- Amateur record 167-10
                  - IBF ranked #3
                  - Pro record 18-0-0(12KO)
                  - Mandatory to fight GGG

Sullivan Barrera:

- Amateur record 258-27
                  - IBF ranked #1
                  - Pro record 17-0-0(12KO)
                  - Mandatory to fight Kova

They both have a similar Pro record. To me they are pretty even in terms of rankings, opposition and skills(barrera edged it here though).

then my real question is...Why are there so many people bashing on GGG, and not Ward?
                  Just beacuse this is Ward second fight at LHW he gets a pass?

is it me or Gennady is slowly getting some hate in social media and in this forum?

please your thoughts....
                  It's simple really. GGG is an active, current champion in his division, who is supposedly the best fighter at 160 and yet has never fought the number one guy or anything even close to it. He's fought a constant slew of these mandatory level fighters and seems like he'll never do anything more.

Ward is an inactive, injured fighter moving up to a new division where he has never had a fight before so is testing the waters in a new division and shaking off ring rust from inactivity. He's come from being the number one guy, and cleaning out his division, so this first fight in a new division after such a long lay off is a good fight. Particularly as the Kov fight is already signed from all accounts and will happen later in the year.

Comment

Wade is a great fighter GGG-Wade is the best fight made so far this year. I ran around the room shadow boxing the second i heard the fight was signed

Comment

never seen either of them

Comment

Working...
                      X