Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want to burn off some extra caleries, is it ok to weight lift for 3 hours?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to burn off some extra caleries, is it ok to weight lift for 3 hours?

Or would I be better off running?

Id rather weight lift

Apparently I burnt 1900 calories by weight lifting vigorously for 3 hours according to an online calorie calculator. (im 220lbs)

But apparently you arnt meant to weight lift for very long.

I find I can easily fill the time there are so many cool exercises to do.

Id liek to have the option to eat whatever I want and work harder to burn off the excess calories. Its often preferable to eating less than you want or eating stuff you dont really want to eat.

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

Id rather weight lift

Apparently I burnt 1900 calories by weight lifting vigorously for 3 hours according to an online calorie calculator. (im 220lbs)

Id liek to have the option to eat whatever I want and work harder to burn off the excess calories. Its often preferable to eating less than you want or eating stuff you dont really want to eat.
    Lifting weights for 3hrs? Thats some NFL linebacker type weight lifting session lol Just run, jumprope, stairmaster, and swim (not all in the same day) just do em in intervals for at least 45mins 6days a week. If you want to burn fat while doing so, put some wrist and or ankle weights on while doing it. I do at least 45mins of cardio daily and about 30mins of heavy weight lifting after and I either lose weight or stay the same and I eat like a pig. I dont have a 6pack but im not fat.

Comment

Id rather weight lift

You know that you atleast spent 1+ hours with break, which means that your 1900 calories are an illusion

Comment

No one burns 1900 calories lifting weights.

And lifting weights for 3 hours is completely pointless unless your taking Steroids.

Comment

Correct, unless maybe you work your entire body in one session, which is not recommended.

Comment

Even mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman doesn't lift that long. He does 75 minutes of intense training with short breaks. The only guys doing 2 hours or more are people who don't know what the hell they're doing, people who take long breaks between sets, or guys who do an hour of cardio. Don't waste your time in the gym. Have efficient workouts and you will burn calories without burning yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              No one burns 1900 calories lifting weights.

And lifting weights for 3 hours is completely pointless unless your taking Steroids.
              This.

30 minute stairmaster will burn about 300 calories, 45 mins about 450 calories.

I'd limit calorie burning to that.

You're not vigorously weight lifting for 3 hours. You can weight lift for 3 hours, but not vigorously. And you can vigorously weight lift for an hour, but not 3.

Comment

3 hours? wtf, I've seen a bodybuiler with 20 years experience telling he finishes the job in at most an hour. I think if you do weights for 3 hours you progressively break your body down if you don't use steroids of stuff bodybuilders use which amateurs can't afford.
                Skiprope or run mate.

Comment

Yo crazy. Unless you spread that 3 hours over the course of a day... I do know some peeps who workout at least 2 times a day, morning and night (the results are there as well)). I mean if you got the time, power to ya.

Comment

3 Hours....no way...just quit eating everything you want if that includes "carbage" food quit all that ****e eating and eat clean...there is no point of eating as many calories you want and then exercise more,,, you gonna just burn out at the end...clean your food habits and do the gym workout`s about one hour is good enougf for the gym, and do the gym 2-4 times/week, do some cardio and hiit training but BUT DO NOT OVERDO... and be activate, spend less time sitting on your ass... best thing you can do is your eating habit and be active all day, walk more, sit less!!

Comment

Working...
                    X