No announcement yet.

Who won : kovalev or ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    I thought that too, but they all got the same scores via quite different routes though.
    When I typed that, I thought "wait, don't be an NSB tard, check the cards first."

But then I realised that I couldn't be arsed.

I was looking forward to coming on and giving Ward fans a bit of grief, just for LULZ. Because he didn't win that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      When I typed that, I thought "wait, don't be an NSB tard, check the cards first."

But then I realised that I couldn't be arsed.

I was looking forward to coming on and giving Ward fans a bit of grief, just for LULZ. Because he didn't win that fight.
      lol, when it was first announced I was shocked because I thought the same thing. Three judges getting it all exactly the same in a fight that had this many swing rounds and that many hard to score rounds...something weird about that. I went straight into NSB mode myself and thought 'ROBBERY!' until I realised I had the same score.

But then I saw they came to it quite differently. Still an amazing coincidence.

It was a weird one. Maybe one of those 'Ward lost the fight, but won the boxing match'...unless you think he lost that too. I had him sneaking it by a point on my card as well though.

Comment

• I thought Kovalev won, but I don't think it was a robbery. Ward arguably won 4 straight rounds to end the fight, there are definitely another 2 I thought he could have won. I'll watch again to see if the rest were clear Kovalev rounds or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Pun intended, this was an official robbery. Fight was not as close as many are making it out to be.

Because Ward won a moral victory and showed great courage does not mean the fûcking octopus won. He fights uglier than Hopkins ever dreamed of. He makes John Ruiz look look like a buzzsaw. He was shocked that he won but now in the postfight interviews he has got it all rationalized out that he won. Enough pats on the back will do that. He did not win the fight and he is not the real champion. He is the phony champion of judges who are either halfwitted or very smart to be making the extra money. JayZ apparently has quite a few handfuls to spread around.
          I guess it's rather his manager Prince than Jay Z, but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
            I guess it's rather his manager Prince than Jay Z, but who knows.
            jay prince is thug and crook he's also extorting the **** out of ward.

Comment

• I thought krusher won. It wasn't a robbery like the paper one vs dirrell but krusher did enough to win.

Comment

• i thought ward won the fight rather clearly. close but clear.

a lot of people dont give enough credit for bodyshots, defense and ring generalship. all of which scores points.

on top of that i think kovalev often gets too much credit for some of the punches he lands, even if he gets no leverage on them. people just assume its a hurtful blow everytime he touches someone because he is such a great puncher, but it doesnt work like that.

lots of sour grapes from people who werent going to accept a ward win any way it came as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I thought Kovalev won, but I don't think it was a robbery. Ward arguably won 4 straight rounds to end the fight, there are definitely another 2 I thought he could have won. I'll watch again to see if the rest were clear Kovalev rounds or not.
                  Ward did not win round 10 like the officials judged him to have won

Its a clear kovalev round. Not debatable whatsoever

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    i thought ward won the fight rather clearly. close but clear.

a lot of people dont give enough credit for bodyshots, defense and ring generalship. all of which scores points.

on top of that i think kovalev often gets too much credit for some of the punches he lands, even if he gets no leverage on them. people just assume its a hurtful blow everytime he touches someone because he is such a great puncher, but it doesnt work like that.

lots of sour grapes from people who werent going to accept a ward win any way it came as well.
                    Youre part of the black power movement . Of course youre gonna say ward won

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                      I'm rewatching it now and it's even clearer for Kov.

Sport is a damn joke. I'm done with boxing lulz.
                      Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                      What's even sadder is how people don't care that Kovalev was robbed. They just wanted to see Kovalev lose under any circumstances. Kovalev won that fight 7-5.

A fight doesn't have to be a whitewash to be a robbery. It was close but very clear. At worst that fight was 6-6, in which case Kovalev wins because of the knockdown.

Also the crowd was lame, any little jab Ward landed would cause them to erupt

I'm pretty much done with boxing, I'll watch the rematch but I can't be enthused about this sport anymore.
                      It's even clearer to you now, and to you it's now 7-5 for Kov. What'd you have it before

Comment

Working...
                      X