Sparring: Boxing vs TaeKwonDo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring: Boxing vs TaeKwonDo

Hi,
    I have recently been challenged to fight against some Tae Kwon Do people next week. Since I have messed up my left shoulder I will be fighting them shouthpaw with one hand. Would the best strategy be to time there kicks and charge right in as they begin to kick so I can throw my punches when they are one footed throwing them off balance?

Thanks

if you have only one arm it would be your best idea to not fight. A taekwondo guy will be able to use not only his hands but his legs to to hit you so right off the bat your at a disadvantage if your the boxer and if you only have one arm its even worse. But if it was me and I was in your spot I'd just get right up on the inside of these guys. Dont let them breath if you give them room and try to time them you'll be right in range for a kick. Once you get up close they wont be able to kick you as well and your hands can take over.

Comment

tkd is a dance it is not a martial art. if you cant beat a tkd **** then you should quit now. that is not a fighting style it is a dance for fruitcakes that are afraid to get hit.

Comment

tae kwondo dont use much punch and not to the face they only kick so close the distance dont allow him to kick you with all his power so dont be in his range...
        if ur fighting with only 1 hand ur gonna get ****ed up cuz if its very possible hes gonna be kicking in your arms

Comment

Competition at my gym a while back. Boxing vs Taekwondo + Boxing vs Karate. All the martial artist got their ass kicks! You'll find that most of them are poorly conditioned, a good powerful hook to the body and they will go down and not get up in a good state!

Comment

Wait! You said you're fighting with one hand??!? Don't do it, you will be ****ed. You will need two hands to do this.

Comment

let your arm heal first, if/when you fight jabb your way in and throw combos to head and body, tkd is even ****tyer at long range than at close range

Comment

I would suggest waiting for your arm to be better but if you can't; make sure to cover up because I don't think you want to get kicked in the face. Crowd them but be careful moving in and then use your combinations.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the responses,
                  My shoulder is not in a very good state right now and im just hoping it will be better by Friday to sparr but im not quite sure.

Comment

Actually, it was the weirdest thing. I saw one of the Korean TKD guy **** up a Muay Thai fighter...and yes he was using the pretty kicks too. So from one having done both...I was pretty mystified. I think that yes boxers in a gym do have better conditioning because most TKD schools are usually training for professional type competitions. But for some odd reason that TKD did **** up the Muay Thai guy...weeeeeird.

Comment

Working...
                    X