Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Froch comment

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      Again, no. He didn't say anything about Ward. His team did.

Golovkin himself has steadily refused to talk about Ward since early 2015. They spoke relatively well about each other 2013-2014 (with latest being jan 2015, then they started talking crap about each other (example: feb 2015.. after that, the mysterious negotiations with HBO took place, during which (according to GGG), HBO told them that they will need a long time to build up a fight. During these negotiations, Ward said he's not ready, so Golovkin moved on.
      After these negotiations, Ward continued to talk **** about Golovkin, culminating with Golovkin giving that interview in Russian, saying he's dead to me.
      Ward continued to talk crap, including going on his 'lil g' rant in Sept 2015.

Golovkin doesn't say anything about Ward. Since those negotiations, he [personally] hasn't said a damn thing about Ward. All he's done is shake his head, and say 'i have nothing to say about that man'. Even in this interview that you're discussing, the only thing Golovkin has done is:
      Silence is just as powerful. He had no plan or ever had any of fighting Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        The Froch comment
        tbd, can you blame Froch for being a good boy for Mrs Froch?

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutKings View Post
          I was at the fight, it was not almost sold out. I was a bit surprised by that being that it was Cinco De Mayo weekend, new tmobile arena and its Canelo, the face of boxing after May/Pac. The Mexicans are definitely behind Canelo, casual fans not yet.
          They had I believe 16,500+ but under 17,000. The arena holds 20,000.

Looks like Khan doesn't have as big as a fan base as he thinks because 90% of the fans were team Canelo. Of course GTards think everyone was there to see him sit and eat popcorn.

Fk casual fans! They all buy $20 ggg tickets but won't buy his PPV fight against Lemuix.

How much was your tickets??? Everyone I talked to said they liked the Arena and it had a great atmosphere...

Comment

Where did that pop at Froch come from

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutKings View Post
              I was at the fight, it was not almost sold out. I was a bit surprised by that being that it was Cinco De Mayo weekend, new tmobile arena and its Canelo, the face of boxing after May/Pac. The Mexicans are definitely behind Canelo, casual fans not yet.
              the casuals is not gonna be behind canelo unless this dude learn some english! more and more causuals is getting on the GGG train because this dude atleast can give an interview without a translator.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                Notice how he talked about Froch & Canelo. He was basically calling them both cowards. When it came to Ward he repeated the company line. " They offered us the fight after the Lemeiux fight was made ". The question I've been waiting on any journalist to ask is " We know that but they weren't offering you to fight Ward instead of Lemiuex. They offered a fight for later down the road. The same offer was presented to Kovalev when he had a fight scheduling scheduled and he accepted the offer " When it comes to JCC Jr, Canelo, Froch, hell even Jacobs in this interview, everything is straight forward. When it comes to Ward they get nuanced and repeat the company line
                I noticed that BIG time!!! He won't even talk about Ward. Ward called him a liar to his face. GGG even says at the end that Ward disrespected him and is all but hurt. He should of called Ward out but instead refused to even talk about it.

I'm sure Lemuix would of took step aside money to let him fight Ward. Funny Sht is Sanchez and Loeffler called WARD out 1st! Said he was a NOBODY who is worth only a 90/10 split. He fights on BET and can't even sale out his own Arena..

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Again, no. He didn't say anything about Ward. His team did.

Golovkin himself has steadily refused to talk about Ward since early 2015. They spoke relatively well about each other 2013-2014 (with latest being jan 2015, then they started talking crap about each other (example: feb 2015.. after that, the mysterious negotiations with HBO took place, during which (according to GGG), HBO told them that they will need a long time to build up a fight. During these negotiations, Ward said he's not ready, so Golovkin moved on.
                  After these negotiations, Ward continued to talk **** about Golovkin, culminating with Golovkin giving that interview in Russian, saying he's dead to me.
                  Ward continued to talk crap, including going on his 'lil g' rant in Sept 2015.

Golovkin doesn't say anything about Ward. Since those negotiations, he [personally] hasn't said a damn thing about Ward. All he's done is shake his head, and say 'i have nothing to say about that man'. Even in this interview that you're discussing, the only thing Golovkin has done is:
                  That's what I'm saying. GGG refuses to even speak on Ward. When Ward confronted Loeffler and told him to stop using his name and lying to the fans they've only said the company line when asked about Ward. In this article he talked about Froch (his wife makes the decision ) Canelo, JCC Jr, Jacobs, Golden Boy ect... When asked about Ward it says GGG referred them to his management who gave a statement. I wonder did J-Prince scare the shi1t outta them like he did to Mayweather You don't find that strange that they'll talk about Froch/JCC Jr ( he has as much a chance to fight these guys as he has fighting Ward) but when Ward is brought up the release a pre-written statement?

Comment

Truth is Ward turned down the fight when the opportunity was presented to him by HBO. However, he continued to play the "Golovkin doesn't want to fight" card, while it was actually the other way around. In Asian countries the concept of "face" is very important. For a man with Golovkin's cultural background, it's hard to imagine stating one thing to a man's face and then stating another thing to others just to make the other man look bad. Ward lost his face in the eyes of Golovkin and therefore he already said months ago that he's a dead man for him.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                      Silence is just as powerful. He had no plan or ever had any of fighting Ward.
                      Considering they were negotiating the fight for months, and he stated multiple times in 2013-2014 that he would like to fight Ward, I disagree.

He said the man is dead to him and is actually acting like it.

You can misconstrue it as fear/ducking if it feeds your Golovkin-hating agenda.

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      That's what I'm saying. GGG refuses to even speak on Ward. When Ward confronted Loeffler and told him to stop using his name and lying to the fans they've only said the company line when asked about Ward. In this article he talked about Froch (his wife makes the decision ) Canelo, JCC Jr, Jacobs, Golden Boy ect... When asked about Ward it says GGG referred them to his management who gave a statement. I wonder did J-Prince scare the shi1t outta them like he did to Mayweather You don't find that strange that they'll talk about Froch/JCC Jr ( he has as much a chance to fight these guys as he has fighting Ward) but when Ward is brought up the release a pre-written statement?
                      Dude, the post you quoted clearly explains why he doesn't talk about him. Ward pissed him off with his antics and Golovkin said he's dead to him.
                      Why the hell should he talk about him? This isn't a children's playground.
                      Last edited by j0zef; 05-10-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X