Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't really like froch but he won this fight 100%

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Froch won, but Pascal was never gonna win that fight regardless.

117-111, 118-110. Scores like that in a very close fight, in a war. Pascal would have needed a knock out to win even if he deserved to win.

People ignore these scores, for good reason I guess, cause Froch actually won the fight regardless, he deserved the win. But those scores showed that Pascal was never gonna win that fight anyways. One judge had it 9 rounds to 3[117-111], the other one had it 10 rounds to 2[118-110]. So basically two judges saw almost a shut out, in a close fight. Go back and watch the fight, and then come tell me Froch won 9 or 10 rounds. That one judge who had it 8-4 Froch was the least biased judge and the more acceptable one out of the three, but still I had it 7-5 Froch.

But this is Nottingham though, Froch's hometown, and the same town where Bradley beat Witter but one judge had Witter winning, and the other two judges almost had it a draw, despite Witter getting KD'ed and beaten clearly. Also the town where Froch-Dirrell happened. So this town is pretty known for weird scorecards.
      Every town/city has weird scorecards. We see atleast 1 fight with weird scorecards every week whatever the venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Every town/city has weird scorecards. We see atleast 1 fight with weird scorecards every week whatever the venue.
        It's not about other places, i'm talking about the scorecards for Pascal-Froch. Let's not deflect here.

Name all of the big fights that have happened in Nottingham in the last 5 years. I can think of three, and all three fights had terrible scorecards.

Comment

It was a great fight and I enjoyed it, I'm sure millions more did, but we all know that Froch won.

Surely it would of been a split decision for people to say that?...

Comment

It was a great fight with a lot of close rounds, but it was still a very clear win for Froch. Those guy's are a perfect style match-up, they could fight 100 times and they would all be slugfests.

I had it 8-4 to Froch btw.

Comment

Just watched this fight. Froch won, but it was very close. Pascal landed the more significant shots, Froch won due to his jab.

Comment

lol Froch....

Comment

Never heard anyone say they felt Pascal won. It was competitive but massively clear Froch won.

Also a tremendous action packed fight and one of my favourites from recent years.

Comment

Working...
                  X