Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to best use and throw Bruce Lees straight lead (power jab)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"the rear cross punch"?.......is that the same as the .."mule deer kick out"?

Boxing vs full contact are two completely different sports especially when punching is taught. The body balance is the complete opposite! In boxing the majority of your body weight is forward. Contact fighting that includes kicks dictates that weight needs to be behind you to unable you to raise your front leg and kick! Its as simple as that!....rear cross punch"? really? hahaha............... rear kick butt!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      oh, and bruce lee was an actor.
      if he weren't a moviestar who died young you wouldn't know who he was. he had a ton of physical talent, but he used it to act like a fighter, not fight people.

here's his pro fighting record:

0-0-0.

he's going to come form the grave to finally make his debut.

bruce lee was an actor.
      Bruce Lee was still responsible for inventing his own martial art.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        I thought that you were going to reply 'with kryptonite'...... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Boxing vs full contact are two completely different sports especially when punching is taught. The body balance is the complete opposite! In boxing the majority of your body weight is forward. Contact fighting that includes kicks dictates that weight needs to be behind you to unable you to raise your front leg and kick! Its as simple as that!.... Ray.
          This is spot on, I am learning full contact after years of boxing and the punching is completely different. You have a square on stance in full contact, a full contact fighter will kick away the front leg of a boxer, the punching is not as good in full contact but the use of elbows and legs justify the trade off. Pushing ,holding and hitting,hammer strikes,wrist and arm locks etc are things you can't do in boxing. Full contact and boxing are completely different. In full contact the power jab which is more of a full bodied punch is with a big torso turn from the square on position is often followed up with a left elbow smash and subsequent inside work.
          Last edited by Prince Mongo; 12-29-2013, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post

if he wasn't a handsome guy who made it in hollywood and hong kong you'd have no idea who he was.

Comment

if he wasn't a handsome guy who made it in hollywood and hong kong you'd have no idea who he was.
              lol you gotta chill.

Forget what he looks like. The man revolutionized training & nutrition (especially supplements) for the martial arts world (including boxing) with his profound & abstract thinking. Don't forget JKD is a respected form of martial even to this day.

There are myths surrounding him created by his fans , students & witnesses to his dominance in the street fighting world. But even respected fighters such as Joe Lewis & Chuck Norris can vouch for the brilliance he displayed as a martial artist.

What you say has some truth to it but don't shortchange the man out of bitterness.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                You're coming up short/no power on your right hands because you're not bringing the right foot up with the right hand. In these instances the right foot lands, setting down/pushing through, at the same time that the shot lands. Just start bringing it up with the right hand and you'll see.
                ........ Rockin'
                I am bring my rear foot with me but I still end up with my weight forward a bit and I have to bring my rear foot up and lean back a tiny bit to get the weight back on the rear foot again, which is alot slower than a 1-2 where you are already leaded on the rear foot, even as the jab lands. Maybe you cant do a max power jab and a max power cross and you have to sacrifise one or the other to get the max out of 1 of them?

If you push hard forward even if you glide, when you stop gliding your front foot stops and when your front foot stops theres still forward momentum coming forward from the rear and it ever so slightly tips your forward making you heavier on the front leg.
                Last edited by AlexKid; 12-30-2013, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonitosWay View Post
                  Bruce Lee stressed that consciously you distribute your weight (65% on the rear foot and 35% on the lead
                  This is sound expert advise thank you! (couldnt fit the whole thing)

Heres Bruce.

See even Bruce ends up front heavy or heavy on the front foot and in no position to follow up with an cross for an instant 1-2.

If you push off hard even if you glide, your front foot will land first and the rest of the body still hasnt totally stopped and its momentum will tip you a tiny bit forward putting the weight on your front foot, that coupled with the rotation, makes it hard not to end up front loaded on this punch and if you don't end up front loaded and keep your weight back you loose alot of its power.
                  Last edited by AlexKid; 12-30-2013, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonitosWay View Post
                    lol you gotta chill.

Forget what he looks like. The man revolutionized training & nutrition (especially supplements) for the martial arts world (including boxing) with his profound & abstract thinking. Don't forget JKD is a respected form of martial even to this day.

There are myths surrounding him created by his fans , students & witnesses to his dominance in the street fighting world. But even respected fighters such as Joe Lewis & Chuck Norris can vouch for the brilliance he displayed as a martial artist.

What you say has some truth to it but don't shortchange the man out of bitterness.

bitterness?

because there are real fighters in the world who i appreciate i'm bitter when i point out that bruce lee was an actor?

you're just perceiving the truth as me being bitter. you have bruce lee in your avatar, after all, so there's likely some bias there. you're probably getting your feelings hurt by the truth, and calling me bitter over it.

that man you have flexing in your avvy was an actor. he's no more a fighter than any other guy who gets into street fights.

here's bruce lee hitting a heavybag. embarrassing.
                    he even looks embarrassed when he looks at the camera. that's the look of "sh#T, you can't act out being able to have sharp punches and real technique, can you?"

keep in mind that lee was around in the 60's and early 70's. he's not some revolutionary. you had real fighters back then. duran, monzon, ali, joe frazier. going back further you still had real fighters, robinson, charles, moore, louis. all worked for tens of thousands of hours sparring, training, moving up the pro ranks and fighting for titles, to become great fighters. lee did none of that, clearly.

fighting bums off of the street does not make you a great fighter. acting like a fighter in movies doesn't make you a great fighter.

bruce lee was an actor. period.

Comment

bitterness?

because there are real fighters in the world who i appreciate i'm bitter when i point out that bruce lee was an actor?

you're just perceiving the truth as me being bitter. you have bruce lee in your avatar, after all, so there's likely some bias there. you're probably getting your feelings hurt by the truth, and calling me bitter over it.

that man you have flexing in your avvy was an actor. he's no more a fighter than any other guy who gets into street fights.

here's bruce lee hitting a heavybag. embarrassing.
                      he even looks embarrassed when he looks at the camera. that's the look of "sh#T, you can't act out being able to have sharp punches and real technique, can you?"

keep in mind that lee was around in the 60's and early 70's. he's not some revolutionary. you had real fighters back then. duran, monzon, ali, joe frazier. going back further you still had real fighters, robinson, charles, moore, louis. all worked for tens of thousands of hours sparring, training, moving up the pro ranks and fighting for titles, to become great fighters. lee did none of that, clearly.

fighting bums off of the street does not make you a great fighter. acting like a fighter in movies doesn't make you a great fighter.

bruce lee was an actor. period.
                      You're bitter because you're trying to shortchange his contribution to the martial arts world based on your own belief and not the evidence out there.

1. Bruce Lee was not a boxer & no he didn't train in western boxing style so comparing him to the crafts of boxing greats is moot. Joe Lewis embarrassed Ali in the ring by grappling but I'm sure Ali would put him to bed if it were rules.

2. He revolutionized the philosophical, supplemental & fitness aspects of the fighting world but you don't know much about that part of fighting from what I can tell.

3. He trained and is consigned by real martial artist; their testimonies & interviews can be found anywhere online and some of them were actors too.

I wont devalue my opinion just to defend someone, that ain't me; if you're right then you're right. There's evidence of all of this **** and anyone can get their hands on it. I'm calling you bitter because you're denying facts not myths, based on your own personal feelings.

Comment

Working...
                      X