Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everybody forgot about Juanma...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juanma is chasing Salido but Salido is taking other fights. They are looking for some opponent for Lopez nad the Salido fight might line up after that. Juanma is a KO artist and will always have fans if he keeps KOing some competition.

He has a leaky defense and he is fun to watch but that is his downfall

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      So it's ok to follow Nazim's words with Margarito but not with Tito. Double standards don't you think?

Yes Cotto is and Tito was good at low blows.

I know you watched the fight like me and most of those low blows came due to Agbeko putting Mares' head down.

WBC does give priority to Mexican boxer but so does the WBO. Just cause you Rican you turn the blind eye to something regarding your flag. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
      Really all the low blows came due to Agbeko pulling his head down. Even the knockdown one?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        So it's ok to follow Nazim's words with Margarito but not with Tito. Double standards don't you think?

Yes Cotto is and Tito was good at low blows.

I know you watched the fight like me and most of those low blows came due to Agbeko putting Mares' head down.

WBC does give priority to Mexican boxer but so does the WBO. Just cause you Rican you turn the blind eye to something regarding your flag. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
        True boxing fans follow the sport and then worry about backing their own men. Mares has no excuse except that a corrupt ref allowed him to repeatedly hit low. Im from Puerto Rico and i had no problem saying that Juanma was overrated before he met Salido I just think it's a pity we didn't get the Juanma/Gamboa fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
          I swear puelto lico came out the woodwork after the Mares fight, fucking hilarious.
          Maybe cause they are boxing fans.

Comment

he will have to step up the level of competition now Arum can't protect him anymore

sad thing is Toprank and boxing could have had another super star if Arum would made the Gamboa fight

Comment

I still stand by the fact that he beats Gamboa up

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                I still stand by the fact that he beats Gamboa up
                I think Gamboa knocks Juanma out, not because Juanma has bad chin but the opposite because his chin is good and thats why his defense is lackluster. I also think Gamboa's footwork is alot better than Juanma's and that Gamboa can avoid and counter Juanma.

I think Salido had easier time against Juanma is because Juanma's footwork isn't that good neither is his defense. Juanma has fan friendly style but not a fighter destined for greatness. More like a gatti type fighter.

Comment

And then say losses don't mean anything, being undefeated doesn't mean anything. Their fighter loses their 0 and they're no longer talked about in fantasy fights against SRR and Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    I think Gamboa knocks Juanma out, not because Juanma has bad chin but the opposite because his chin is good and thats why his defense is lackluster. I also think Gamboa's footwork is alot better than Juanma's and that Gamboa can avoid and counter Juanma.

I think Salido had easier time against Juanma is because Juanma's footwork isn't that good neither is his defense. Juanma has fan friendly style but not a fighter destined for greatness. More like a gatti type fighter.
                    He has a horrible chin. He's been knocked down and hurt so many times.

Good chins are Froch, Johnson, Kessler, Vitali, Hopkins, Mayweather, Margarito, Mosley, Abraham, Pavlik, Pascal, Adamek, D. Alexander, Salido, etc.

Lopez's chin is actually worse than Amir Khan's at this point of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      He has a horrible chin. He's been knocked down and hurt so many times.

Good chins are Froch, Johnson, Kessler, Vitali, Hopkins, Mayweather, Margarito, Mosley, Abraham, Pavlik, Pascal, Adamek, D. Alexander, Salido, etc.

Lopez's chin is actually worse than Amir Khan's at this point of their careers.
                      This is just so offensively inaccurate. Froch has been hurt against almost every top level fighter he's faced.

Lopez's chin isn't that bad. It aint granite, but he eats clean punch after clean punch against guys who can punch. If Amir Khan got hit that clean that often...my god, I don't think he'd be fighting right now.

Lopez's chin is fine...he just gets tagged all the time, his defense is worse than Margarito's.

Lopez, overall, is just not very good, he never was. He's sloppy, outside of his right hook doesn't have a sharp, precise punch. Doesn't throw a decent jab and looks lost if he can't hurt his opponent. And his power is pedestrian at Featherweight.

The guy will likely lose to Salido again....it's not like that punch came out of nowhere. Salido was tagging Lopez with the overhand right all night, landing it clean and hard.

Now Mikey Garcia....that kid's the goods. He beats Gamboa tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X