Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Hatton vs Bam Bam Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hatton spoils well enough to take a wide, ugly UD.

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Rios, he comes to fight and when Hatton steps up he gets beat. Rios is a step up, in England Hatton was a high caliber talent but in the World of boxing he had alot of flaws! Ray.
    Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    I like the match up to favor Rios. You guys always compare records and common opponents, it doesn't work that when in the ring!! I don't like Hatton when the bell rings, I watched him workout in the gym, spar and do bag work and he looks very good. The bell rings and he does nothing to compare him to his style in the gym. I like the kids efforts and he comes to win but I don't see what I need to see when the big fights are in front of him.
    He reminds me of a tuff Club fighter who knows boxing techniques but at the drop of a "Hat" would rather brawl! He has no power and his chin isn't great so why brawl! He is NOT a disciplined fighter. I mean wasn't!! Ray.
    You also said that Martinez couldn't punch.

Comment

Which Martinez,?

Comment

Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Prime Hatton destroys him.
          oh yeah cause hatton beat the great......shi* i forgot who again? a shot kosta ? lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret IV View Post
            oh yeah cause hatton beat the great......shi* i forgot who again? a shot kosta ? lmfao

Still a better win than anything Rios has or ever will have for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Still a better win than anything Rios has or ever will have for that matter.
              Can't find anything wrong with this post..Carry on sir..lol

Comment

Hatton would destroy rios. This thread is sad. Shows how very little ppl actually know the sport. Hatton is lvels above rios.

Comment

Funny how prime Hatton is already overrated, and he isn't even dead yet. This is a bad style matchup for Ricky. Rios would be bigger, stronger, and tougher. Ricky's chin gets cracked midfight. Win Rios.

Comment

I'm assuming this is at 140?

I think it's a good action fight and it could go either way if I'm honest.

Rios is a beast. He loves a tear up and I think Hatton would get drawn into a war with him. Rios can take some punishment but then so can Hatto.

At 140 Hatton was a very dangerous fighter. Good footwork, decent speed and ripped to the body like no-one's business. I don't see him head-hunting against Rios and I think Hatton banging away at the body would probably pay-off down the stretch.

Hatton does mark up easily and I could see him swelling up like a ***** against Rios because it would be that sort of fight.

You can't take anything from his fight against John Murray (when he was a walking zombie) or any of his previous fights because the styles are quite different. Rios is a tough S.O.B. and you could make a case for him beating Ricky. Bigger & stronger.

Would be a great fight to watch.

Comment

I'll stick to my opinion of Sergio!! If he punched with his hands up he'd generate more power but he's to busy "stylin'" HA!! He had a green kid in deep for more than 5 rounds but never stepped in to end the fight!! So he isn't willing to test his power either. He was probably right because when the kid finally "tripped" and through some punches he knocked Sergio on his butt and shock him up a little bit too!
                      He fought a kid who didn't know how to box, train, fight or do anything else to do with boxing and couldn't stop him!

The thread isn't about comparing records or accomplishments its about who you think could win! I think Rios brings enough to stop Hatton, Hatton will be right in front of him offering NO angles or power!!

I do NOT hate certain fighters in fact I don't Hate Any Fighters!! I'm not a fan of any one particular fighter I am a fan and component of Boxing! Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X