Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Russians on Our Turf Trying To Take What We Have!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
    well they dont seem to be interested in ward wilder or crawford recently, all 3 of them shows bombed badly.
    97k wasnt exactly ground breaking....whats your point....no eastern european fighters are doing huge ppv, network viewership,etc

Maybe certain fans of european descent in america are excited about eastern europeans having success lately on the world level but it is not reflecting in $$$$ or views.

whats your point?

Comment

It's pathetic, considering that American fighters have way more opportunities in pro boxing

Okay, **** that, people like Andre Wrad is the reason why I've been saying all Russian/Ukranian boxers needs to leave pro boxing right now, and only American fighters need to participate in it because Americans hate us with a passion anyway, **** all this international stuff, they (Americans) always want to turn that sport competition into some political stuff. Okay, you can have your pro boxing, I hope that'll get more entertaining without non-american fighters.

Ward really disappointed me right now, now I see that he hate us too. I liked him, but I can't root for him after this comment

And there's a lot of nationalism here on this forum
      Last edited by g27region; 08-08-2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        97k wasnt exactly ground breaking....whats your point....no eastern european fighters are doing huge ppv, network viewership,etc

Maybe certain fans of european descent in america are excited about eastern europeans having success lately on the world level but it is not reflecting in $$$$ or views.

whats your point?
        okay, everyone loves americans and noones interested in europeans but the biggest fight in the sport to be made is a european v mexican, GGG v canelo

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
          Bros and Hoes on our turf taking a free ride for years...... Ward is a racist B I T C H. Russians are classier by far and not ghetto. Bravo Russia. To hell with Ghetto.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu
            Back in 2013, I "warned" here that many fighters from the "ex-Soviet school" were coming to take over boxing in the U.S.
            ... The likes of GGG, Rigo (as I label the 'Cuban school' as somehow tributary to the 'Soviet school'), Lara, Kova, Loma, Beterbiev etc tried to take the front stage in the U.S. ...
            ... So to speak, I don't "love" the Slavs (Russians, Ukrainians etc), but I happen to like their boxing school... and the same goes for the Cubans...

Now, I think that Ward (in his remarks hereunder) was more "business-oriented" rather than "nationalistic"...

"The Eastern European fighters are here - a lot of them. So they are getting those opportunities. I think there is an inherent rivalry there between Americans and Russians, because they are on our turf trying to make a name and we're trying to defend what we have so to speak - that's how I look at it. No disrespect, it's nothing personal, but yeah I think there is inherent rivalry there because they are trying to take something that we have," Ward said.

We all know that the most significant pro-boxing sanctioning bodies (i.e. WBC, IBF, WBA) are located in the Americas... And most of the money involved in the pro-boxing business also comes from the Americas (and the UK)...

Therefore, I'm inclined to "understand" Ward's statement using this specific "lecture key"...

Am I wrong? I don't think so...
            Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Excellent point.
            ... What I said above represents some sort of "secret de Polichinelle"...

... and for me it's fun to watch how all these unfold...

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
              Never ceases to amaze me how the people that find "racism" anywhere and everywhere so willingly support such nationalistic nonsense. I've never had a strong opinion of Ward one way or the other. I certainly wanted to support a fairly well-spoken fighter that could bring attention to the sport, but this "religious man" is looking more fake by the day. This guy no different than Angel Garcia.
              How do you equate national pride and racism? What does Ward's religion have to do with it?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                  ward is obviously outraged with both golovkin and kovalov.......his mentality is A dangerous one against kovolav I'll tell u that. it's something for kovalov fans to worry about. he is so confident that he'll beat him that in his mind he is about to show up show out and put everything into that kovalov fight & theres no if's ands or buts about that in his mind. he hates kovalov and golovkin. he won't say it but he could care less for both & want them on a platter LOL he's so bitter and hateful towards them (just in a very low key way) he's confident in wiping kovalov completely off, should certainly worry kovolav's fans.

a confident obsessed ANGRY ward may be something else.

this is 100% personal for ward. i think he's really angry at golovkin for creating lies and twisting the truth. telling half truths (golovkin doing everything in his power to run while still looking like the "monster" in the process & his fans actually HELPED him turd out of that fight) golovkins fans HELPED him duck his hugest threat. unreal: look at it like this, u think ward would fight kovolav but not a smaller more limited golovkin? he can't stand golovkin. hates him as a fighter. he has a very harsh spirit towards both and wants to wipe them off LOL
                  More like the other way around... Getting too confident in your abilities can end in a disaster.

But this version of Ward is simply gonna hype the fight up. I don't blame him, this is the best fight we've had in over a decade

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    Damn, Andre Ward, I thought I liked you

Okay, **** that, people like Andre Wrad is the reason why I've been saying all Russian/Ukranian boxers needs to leave pro boxing right now, and only American fighters need to participate in it because Americans hate us with a passion anyway, **** all this international stuff, they (Americans) always want to turn that sport competition into some political stuff
                    you are only seeing it your way.......theres always a flip to the other side of the story.

why is it that american fighters like "crawford" fans are hell bent on turning them into villains? when crawford first came out he was one of the most humble kids around. fans wanted to see him as a villain, he eventually embraced it. ward was one of the most humble kids around. fans wanted him to be a villain so he said **** it. even spence is still as humbled as they come & u have people reaching to turn him into a villain now. the same isn't applied to kovalov even though kovalov have said some pretty ****ed up crap.......kovalov is more of a fierce hero in the minds of many.

u don't see that as weird? you don't see the other flip of the coin or only your side?

it's something really wrong with that picture.

realty........

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                      Okay, **** that, people like Andre Wrad is the reason why I've been saying all Russian/Ukranian boxers needs to leave pro boxing right now, and only American fighters need to participate in it because Americans hate us with a passion anyway, **** all this international stuff, they (Americans) always want to turn that sport competition into some political stuff. Okay, you can have your pro boxing, I hope that'll get more entertaining without non-american fighters

Ward really disappointed me right now, now I see that he hate us too. I liked him, but I can't root for him after this comment
                      He's hyping the fight up. Let him be.

Comment

Working...
                      X