No announcement yet.

Hearns and others visiting vandalized Kronk Gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearns and others visiting vandalized Kronk Gym

This is a pretty emotional video, especially the part about Emmanuel wanting to come back and run the gym again eventually. It makes his death that much more sad, to think that this could have been prevented. But the scum of Detroit couldn't contain themselves I guess.

so disrespectful

Comment

The Kronk did wonders at getting a lot of kids out of a bad neighborhood. The kids moved on to better things but unfortunitely the neighborhood remained.
      Last edited by TBear; 10-12-2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

well guys....Lets see we have a sport with quite a few millionares....It is quite telling about the state of boxing in this country and the world. But I can't blame the scum on this one. Why couldn't someone step up and save the gym? ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          well guys....Lets see we have a sport with quite a few millionares....It is quite telling about the state of boxing in this country and the world. But I can't blame the scum on this one. Why couldn't someone step up and save the gym? ridiculous.
          fighters werent making that kind of money back then. out of the fighters who came up in the kronk very few made that kind of money, hearns did but he is broke now. holyfield is broke too and like i said people like mccrory and paul didnt make the kind of money to to fix this. someone like taylor or wlad could, but they werent really kronk fighters like that.

regardless of their ability or inability to fix the gym it doesnt excuse the "scum" as you call them for doing what they did. for the record i doubt they really are scum. just a bunch of kids who dont know better, kids acting out from hopelessness and anger over their situation. its petty, pointless and disrespectful but people dont always think straight in situations like what some people in detroit are going through atm. young people in particular.

the real scum is the politicians who allow US citizens to live in poverty and despair while they are making boatloads of cash by creating misery.

Comment

sad story, emmanuel steward was a great trainer, from what people say he was a great man also and i knew him as being a great commentator who i enjoyed listening to

Comment

It would be great if a few ex-Kronk members and some of the community restarted the Kronk gym. It would be great for the community and who knows, they might produce a few champions.

Comment

i wanna learn more about the history of kronks O:!

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  fighters werent making that kind of money back then. out of the fighters who came up in the kronk very few made that kind of money, hearns did but he is broke now. holyfield is broke too and like i said people like mccrory and paul didnt make the kind of money to to fix this. someone like taylor or wlad could, but they werent really kronk fighters like that.

regardless of their ability or inability to fix the gym it doesnt excuse the "scum" as you call them for doing what they did. for the record i doubt they really are scum. just a bunch of kids who dont know better, kids acting out from hopelessness and anger over their situation. its petty, pointless and disrespectful but people dont always think straight in situations like what some people in detroit are going through atm. young people in particular.

the real scum is the politicians who allow US citizens to live in poverty and despair while they are making boatloads of cash by creating misery.
                  "Kids" don't generally take out copper pipes and other materials with financial value. That is Scum that does that. I'm glad you have some sensativity to the issues faced by kids, so do I. Regarding the real scum? You are correct and lets be real...What about all the minorities who had positions of power and prestige and decided that payola was more important than the good people of Detriot? you seee the same here in B'more. Shiela Dixon an intelligent African American women could have done wonders, instead she took the payola. These people are sell outs imo. Kwami and his cohorts in Detroit are beyond reproach they deserve a special place of blame imo.

There are many boxers with money, even some from Michigan like Floyd. He wants to be a boxing legend yet did nothing to save a hometown institution VITAL to the style and substance of the Michigan way of the sweet science. It would be like Bruce Lee letting the Shao Lin Temple burn.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                    i wanna learn more about the history of kronks O:!
                    And so will our kids one day....And like the martial arts of the Aztecs, the smell of the field where the first baseball game was played....it won't be around. Millionares have more important things to do! you know...Like creating educational programs to brainwash our kids and create servile young people on government assistance (Bill Gates common core), and being cool, hanging with little Floyd (Buffet), or finding the right alcoholic beverage to hang an endorsement on (Jay illuminati Z).....

Comment

Working...
                    X