No announcement yet.

how to be faster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to be faster

how? as some of you know Im teaching my son soo just wondering what a good way to have my son get faster hand speed? speedbag? doubleended bag?

There isnt an actuall thing you can take or have to make you faster. the only thing that comes to mind is running and speed drills. Practice, practice, practice is the only way your gunna become fluid and comfortable to go fast on all bag work.

Comment

this is an true story. my friend use to always catch flies in front of me and my other friends. he said when he was young his dad use to tell him to catch the flies around in the house and it became a habit to him. he doesnt fight, but when we use to have back yard boxing he forsure had the quickest hands. haha. i think anything that uses fast twitch movements and accuracy along with technique would be perfect for someone young.

Comment

shadowboxing works well,also mitt work.

Comment

learn to relax, and speed will come naturally.

in many cases, you have to unlock your speed rather than build it up. meaning, it is there already for the most part, you have to open yourself to it. of course, certain speed exercises help. but just working on the efficiency of one punch at a time will help more than you may think.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
            learn to relax, and speed will come naturally.

in many cases, you have to unlock your speed rather than build it up. meaning, it is there already for the most part, you have to open yourself to it. of course, certain speed exercises help. but just working on the efficiency of one punch at a time will help more than you may think.
            You just earned 5 star rating ... 1

Comment

wow this forum is so useful

Comment

Originally posted by VkreW View Post
                wow this forum is so useful
                seems to be so sarcastic...maybe its just me

Comment

you should have your son work on building up his endurance too. most people can throw a quick jab at the start of round one, but when you get tired it gets a lot harder.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
                    seems to be so sarcastic...maybe its just me
                    I don't think he is being sarcastic.

Anyways, in terms of increasing speed I think that you just need to emphasize the importance of "snapping" out the punches and being fluid. A good drill is maybe sometime during the workout have him throw right-left-right-left continuously into the handpads as fast as he can for about 30-45 seconds, and then take as much as a 2 minute break. Do it about 3 or four times. This drill is emphasizing strictly on throwing punches fast and not anything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X